Thinking of a solo trek

Base Campers Info
B2I
Veteran Cruncher
Veteran Cruncher

Thinking of a solo trek

Postby B2I » Tue May 22, 2012 7:44 pm

While I enjoyed trekking with the base campers, the last couple treks have been to teams that I had trouble understanding what they stood for. Probably because didn't know the native language spoken by most of the chrunchers. I consider never having become fluent in a second language a shortcoming on my part but I don't have any left over time and intellectual energy these days to try and learn. And, I just like hanging out with all you guys.

But I think I might go on a solo trek over to the Christian Crunchers for a week or so. They are a really small group of six members with a great theme: "Exploring the universe God created and searching for cures to display His compassion." They don't have a web site so my plan is to join their team so I can send emails to the captain and see if I can strike up a conversation and find out a little about what I suspect are some very interesting folks. I'm guessing a group from a small church somewhere. I tried this back in Oct 2011 and never got a response but feel compelled to try it again. So, never fear, I'll be back soon. :) :D

B2I

USAFA82
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Thinking of a solo trek

Postby USAFA82 » Tue May 22, 2012 8:26 pm

Sounds good. Have a blessed time! I hope you are able to make contact.

Col323
Senior Cruncher
Senior Cruncher

Postby Col323 » Thu May 24, 2012 12:04 pm

Good luck there! Report back if you do get to connect. Hopefully you get to meet some great new people.
Image <-- Click this banner to jump to our team's Folding stats page

B2I
Veteran Cruncher
Veteran Cruncher

Postby B2I » Mon May 28, 2012 4:30 am

sent three emails to the captian with no respose so far. Looks like he/she may have gone inactive - no points put up for a while. don't know of any way to contact the other members. I'll wait awhile longer and meander on back.

B2I

USAFA82
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby USAFA82 » Mon May 28, 2012 10:09 am

That's a shame. It looks like Christian Crunchers is involved in a number of projects. It's too bad they don't have a home page listed.

B2I
Veteran Cruncher
Veteran Cruncher

Postby B2I » Thu May 31, 2012 6:30 pm

Since they're not answering my emails and Pecosriver is down for a couple of days, I think it's time to come home. See y'all in the morning.

B2I

USAFA82
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby USAFA82 » Thu May 31, 2012 10:22 pm

Welcome back! Perhaps it's an old email that isn't working anymore. At least you tried.

Return to “Base Camp”