Favorite Christian Book

Start a Bible study, post your favorite verse, ask questions about the Bible.
bgomers
New Forum User
New Forum User

Favorite Christian Book

Postby bgomers » Mon Mar 02, 2009 10:28 pm

Of course our favorite book is the Bible but has any one read any good Christian books lately?
My favorite is "Searching for God Knows What" by Donald Miller.

USAFA82
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Favorite Christian Book

Postby USAFA82 » Tue Mar 03, 2009 10:11 am

I don't have a favorite per se. I'm reading through Becoming a Contagious Christian for my Sunday school class. My wife loves reading Christian fiction books by Karen Kingsbury, Tracy Peterson, Lori Wick, Lisa Bergren and Beverly Lewis.

Col323
Senior Cruncher
Senior Cruncher

Postby Col323 » Wed Mar 04, 2009 5:17 pm

Great topic! I've been thinking about this myself lately, as I feel I need to read more.

I'm a fan of CS Lewis and Max Lucado. It can get tricky reading Lewis because his depth of vocabulary is so immense, but I really like the way he thinks. And even the Narnia books are worth a read as an adult. People like to say Lucado is all fluff, but I like his style. I wouldn't recommend reading all of his books back to back, but it's a good mix to throw in.

I just finished Lee Strobel's "The Case for Christ", it's a very thorough look at the history and facts of Jesus. I've not read any of his other "Case for..." books, and I tend to shy away from authors who seemingly run the same topic out into multiple books - like they're milking the franchise or something. However, reading that book did open up other authors I'd like to explore, and I also am going to start Ravi Zacharias' "Jesus Among Other Gods" soon.

What other books/authors do people recommend?
Image <-- Click this banner to jump to our team's Folding stats page

bgomers
New Forum User
New Forum User

Postby bgomers » Thu Mar 05, 2009 5:06 pm

Some of my other favorite books are "Velvet Elvis" and "Sex God" by Rob Bell.

Return to “Bible Study & Discussion”