Satan's Plan Awesome video - you've got to watch

Start a Bible study, post your favorite verse, ask questions about the Bible.
Taxmanz
Cruncher
Cruncher

Satan's Plan Awesome video - you've got to watch

Postby Taxmanz » Sun Sep 20, 2009 8:01 pm

Col323
Senior Cruncher
Senior Cruncher

Re: Satan's Plan Awesome video - you've got to watch

Postby Col323 » Mon Sep 21, 2009 3:37 pm

That's an important message, Matt. It's easy to be very busy with life, always trying to squeeze in one more thing. But downtime is important too. Being flexible in our schedule not only allows us to spend more time with God, it can allow us time to comfort or aid friends in need. Likewise, not drowning in debt or living paycheck to paycheck can allow us to financially support more ministries.

Although I do take exception to leaving your computer going is a bad thing. ;) Crunch Crunch :mrgreen: (Yes, I do realize it meant sitting in front of it and consuming it like any other media product. That, I do agree can be bad.)
Image <-- Click this banner to jump to our team's Folding stats page

TLD
Experienced Cruncher
Experienced Cruncher

Postby TLD » Thu Nov 19, 2009 1:07 pm

See verse 17 This always helps me when i feel trapped in a busy life..

1 Thessalonians 5
New International Version

1Now, brothers, about times and dates we do not need to write to you, 2for you know very well that the day of the Lord will come like a thief in the night. 3While people are saying, “Peace and safety,” destruction will come on them suddenly, as labor pains on a pregnant woman, and they will not escape.

4But you, brothers, are not in darkness so that this day should surprise you like a thief. 5You are all sons of the light and sons of the day. We do not belong to the night or to the darkness. 6So then, let us not be like others, who are asleep, but let us be alert and self-controlled. 7For those who sleep, sleep at night, and those who get drunk, get drunk at night. 8But since we belong to the day, let us be self-controlled, putting on faith and love as a breastplate, and the hope of salvation as a helmet. 9For God did not appoint us to suffer wrath but to receive salvation through our Lord Jesus Christ. 10He died for us so that, whether we are awake or asleep, we may live together with him. 11Therefore encourage one another and build each other up, just as in fact you are doing

12Now we ask you, brothers, to respect those who work hard among you, who are over you in the Lord and who admonish you. 13Hold them in the highest regard in love because of their work. Live in peace with each other. 14And we urge you, brothers, warn those who are idle, encourage the timid, help the weak, be patient with everyone. 15Make sure that nobody pays back wrong for wrong, but always try to be kind to each other and to everyone else.

16Be joyful always; 17pray continually; 18give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God’s will for you in Christ Jesus.

19Do not put out the Spirit’s fire; 20do not treat prophecies with contempt. 21Test everything. Hold on to the good. 22Avoid every kind of evil.

23May God himself, the God of peace, sanctify you through and through. May your whole spirit, soul and body be kept blameless at the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ. 24The one who calls you is faithful and he will do it.

25Brothers, pray for us. 26Greet all the brothers with a holy kiss. 27I charge you before the Lord to have this letter read to all the brothers.

28The grace of our Lord Jesus Christ be with you.

The thoughts below expresses my view better than i can write it. Hope it may help some of you folks too.

http://findinghopefortodayandtomorrow.b ... ually.html

Pray continually (1 Thessalonians 5:17).

How do you "pray continually"? When you read these words, do you think of a monk living in monastery, head bowed and hands clasped in prayer as he kneels for hours in a small, austere room? Do you say to yourself, "I could never be in prayer all day"?

I’d like you to think of continual prayer in a different way. Imagine living together with a loved one—a parent or sibling or spouse. After living together for a long period of time, it is likely that the two of you no longer talk constantly. As a matter of fact, you might only have a lengthy conversation over dinner. But you do communicate throughout the day, even though these exchanges are often brief. You might request an opinion on which shirt to wear with your slacks. You might ask for help with a stubborn jar lid. You might share a few words of amazed disgust over a disturbing story you hear on the news. Throughout the day, you are always aware that your loved one is near, and you take comfort from being able to exchange a quick word without having to dial a number or put a stamp on an envelope.

Prayer can be like that. In fact, prayer should be like that! God is with us constantly; He is privy to every moment of our day. What would your prayer life be like if you were always aware that He is in the room with you? You would have at least one lengthy conversation with Him each day, as you reflect on the joys and sorrows that fill your heart; this conversation might take place as you are digesting a meal, or when you are waking up to face a new day, or as you are settling into bed and are trying to put into perspective the events of the day just passed. But you will also find yourself chatting with the Lord as the events of the day unfold. In the morning you might say "Heavenly Father, the sky is so beautiful this morning—thank you for letting me see it!" As you see an emergency vehicle go by with its lights flashing, you might pray "Lord, please give them success." When you make a mistake that causes hurt to someone, you could say "Jesus, please give me the courage to say I’m sorry, and please, please help them to forgive me too." When the news tells of a missing child, you could ask "God, bring her home safely". When someone who seems upset wants to talk to you, you can silently pray "Spirit, give me wisdom!" And when you are feeling lonely, you can ask "Master, just hold me, please." When you say things like this throughout the day, you are "praying continually."
TLD also crunches with Base Camp

oliviathefirst
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Postby oliviathefirst » Mon Apr 26, 2010 11:43 pm

My green watchfrog friend, that is perfectly beautiful and perfect.
"Pray continually." I want to be more conscious of it now.
I'm going to post that somewhere where I'll see it many times in the day.
It's so easy to get distracted.
Thanks very much for posting that, TLD

O
    Peace be within you.

Return to “Bible Study & Discussion”