Daily Bible verse

Start a Bible study, post your favorite verse, ask questions about the Bible.
Seroph4x
Basic Cruncher
Basic Cruncher

Daily Bible verse

Postby Seroph4x » Mon Aug 29, 2011 4:35 am

Hi all! In this thread I will post a Bible verse when ever I can. Please post any Bible verse you want here and particularly ones that are on your heart. Post what you think about the Bible verse too, if you like :)

John 14:1-3
Do not let your hearts be troubled. Trust in God; trust also in me. In my Father's house are many rooms; if it were not so, I would have told you. I am going there to prepare a place for you. And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come back and take you to be with me that you also may be where I am.

That Bible verse is encouraging for me. It tells me that God has a place prepared for those who believe in Him in Heaven waiting for us. I love Jesus, praise Your name!

From my heart to the heavens, Jesus be the centre, it's all about You, yes it's all about You!
I love Jesus!
John 3:16
For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.

Seroph4x
Basic Cruncher
Basic Cruncher

Re: Daily Bible verse

Postby Seroph4x » Mon Aug 29, 2011 8:43 pm

Matthew 22:37–39
Jesus said to him, 'You shall love the LORD your God with all your heart, with all your soul, and with all your mind.' This is the first and great commandment. And the second is like it: 'You shall love your neighbor as yourself.'
I love Jesus!
John 3:16
For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.

Col323
Senior Cruncher
Senior Cruncher

Postby Col323 » Mon Dec 12, 2011 12:23 pm

Matthew 6:19-21 "19)Do not store up for yourselves treasures on earth, where moth and rust destroy, and where thieves break in and steal. 20)But store up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where neither moth nor rust destroys, and where thieves do not break in or steal; 21)for where your treasure is, there your heart will be also."

A few years ago my home was broken into. They really didn't take much, but they knew what they were after. Man, I went through a lot of emotions. Fear - would they come back? Anger - can't a guy have nice stuff without somebody else taking it by force? Ultimately, I was thankful that nobody was hurt and all that was missing was just "stuff". Soon thereafter, I either read this passage or it popped in my head as if I had read it. All I remember now is this verse hit much closer to home.

It's funny, it's not even a concept new to any of us. Life here is just a moment; we have all of eternity ahead of us. But these verses brought solace in a troubling time. God will always be on the throne. What He gives us, no man can take away.
Image <-- Click this banner to jump to our team's Folding stats page

USAFA82
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby USAFA82 » Mon Dec 12, 2011 8:21 pm

Sorry to hear your home was broken into. That's a great verse to keep in mind (and heart) always.

Col323
Senior Cruncher
Senior Cruncher

Postby Col323 » Wed Dec 14, 2011 8:32 am

Thanks! It's not something you wish on anybody. I really struggled with the sense of invasion. The Bible holds so many verses on comfort and God is our shelter, it helped me a ton. I think Satan likes to throw stuff at us to see us trip up - maybe even get mad at God. But it's awesome when those things backfire in his face. Just look at the cross! :mrgreen:

Here's the verse of the day on my phone. It's a really good one! Isaiah 26:4 "Trust in the Lord forever, for the Lord God is an everlasting rock." It's easy to get caught up trusting in our job, our bank account, our wit and charm, our good looks (okay, maybe not so much that for me!). Those are all temporary and as we've seen in the past few years, they can disappear quickly. God is an everlasting rock. Wow! That's something to lean on and trust.
Image <-- Click this banner to jump to our team's Folding stats page

USAFA82
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby USAFA82 » Thu Dec 15, 2011 11:22 am

Amen!

Return to “Bible Study & Discussion”