Star Wars: The Old Republic (SWTOR)

Discuss computer games!
USAFA82
Site Admin
Site Admin

Star Wars: The Old Republic (SWTOR)

Postby USAFA82 » Fri Dec 16, 2011 11:54 am

I started playing SWTOR as a late-comer to the beta period. As I write this, it's now in the early-release period and will officially launch on December 20th, 2011.

I'm having a lot of fun with this game. It is the first MMO in the Star Wars franchise. So far, the pre-launch has been incredibly smooth. They did the early release invites based on when you turned in your early release code. It started on Dec 13 and I was finally able to get in the afternoon of the 15th.

I'm a member of a Christian guild: Called from Darkness [CFD].
Our forums are hosted by the Christian Gamers Alliance here: CFD Forums
We are on the server Warriors of the Shadow

I thought I'd post this in case anyone else is interested in a fun mmorpg game.

Sunder
Basic Cruncher
Basic Cruncher

Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic (SWTOR)

Postby Sunder » Sat Dec 17, 2011 2:32 am

Argh! That's all I needed to know... I'd love to play a game like that, but MMORPGs are time killers.

Might see if another one of my friends who is a Star Wars nut would want to play it. If he does, I might try to get a couple hours in a couple times a week, and watch as the entire guild skyrockets past my level, leaving me behind to to farm XP. :P

USAFA82
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby USAFA82 » Sat Dec 17, 2011 3:01 pm

That's pretty much how it is with me. I think the guild leader plays several hours each day and he got invited on the first day the early invites when out (13th). He's already at level 26 (50 is the current cap). I've been playing since Thursday and I'm only up to level 9. Last night, I was the lowest level guild member...lol.

Sunder
Basic Cruncher
Basic Cruncher

Postby Sunder » Sun Dec 18, 2011 5:01 pm

My friend who is a Star Wars nut is committed to playing. I don't think his PC is up to it though, so I'll probably help him build a PC and install WCG on it...

If he has the money for the gaming rig, and he'll join the Christians group, then I'll join and sacrifice my time as "pastoral care" to increase the opportunities to encourage him back to church and constant contact with other Christians.

The sacrifices we make, hey? Good thing God sees all this and rewards us in heaven ;)

Col323
Senior Cruncher
Senior Cruncher

Postby Col323 » Tue Dec 20, 2011 8:44 am

It is great that there's a a way to fellowship with other Christians even whilst playing games. (And I like the potential additional crunching power!) I think that's important to see and use opportunities around us. I hope you're able to encourage your friend.

On the MMO topic, I find myself in the same boat as Sunder. I may get to play a game for 5 hours a week (in a "good" gaming week). So yeah, it takes a while for me to progress. The only MMO I've played since beta testing WOW has been ToonTown. (Mock me if you must.) I'm actually "active" (see the above 5 hours/week comment) now, so on the random chance anybody else plays, let me know. It's something I started playing during the beta nearly 10 years ago and I think it's something nostalgia brings me back to every few years. (That, and they don't delete my toon, so I can pick up where I left off.)

Anyway, back on topic, Enjoy this game!
Image <-- Click this banner to jump to our team's Folding stats page

USAFA82
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby USAFA82 » Mon Feb 20, 2012 1:55 pm

Two month update: I still very much enjoy playing this game. The gaming clan I'm a member of, Tribe of Judah, recently created a Galactic Republic guild and so I've been playing Republic characters for the last month or so. I find that I'm enjoying the Republic side much more. Plus, the server we're on, Vrook Lamar, is a Role-playing PvE server. I found on the other server, which is a PvP, server, I would get "ganked" a lot, that is my level 20 or 30 something characters were getting slaughtered by level 50's that are bored and have nothing better to do.

Return to “Gaming”