Guild Wars 2

Discuss computer games!
USAFA82
Site Admin
Site Admin

Guild Wars 2

Postby USAFA82 » Wed Feb 22, 2012 4:31 pm

Looks like Guild Wars 2 is finally just around the corner. I got an invitation to sign up for the GW2 beta. Yippee! :icon_cheesygrin:

USAFA82
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Guild Wars 2

Postby USAFA82 » Mon May 07, 2012 7:43 pm

Update. They announced a pre-purchase date of April 10, 2012 (a month ago, I know). So I bought the game and received a pre-purchase code that authorizes guaranteed access to the closed betas. I participated in the closed beta of April 27-29. What a fun game! I initially didn't like the vibrant colors, but got used to it by the end of the weekend. For those that play MMOs, this game does not have quest givers. When you get close to an area that has a quest for you, it automatically appears in your quest log. You can choose not to do it and when you are out of the area, the quest disappears. They also have group events that occur as you're questing and doing other things. Those were a lot of fun as well. There's no official release date as yet, but retailers like Best Buy and Gamestop seem to indicate that it's going to be released on June 26. There's some reviews at various other sites, including mmorpg.org.

If anyone might be interested in playing this game with a Christian Guild (Legacy of Elijah), the forums are located at the Christian Gamers Alliance: Legacy of Elijah

If anyone uses Steam/Xfire/Skype and has questions and wants to contact me off this forum, my username on those services is usafa82.

USAFA82
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Guild Wars 2

Postby USAFA82 » Wed Nov 05, 2014 12:09 pm

I thought I'd bump this over two year-old thread. I played for a few days at launch in 2012 but went back to another game until July of this year when I started playing Guild Wars 2 "full-time." I like to focus on one game at a time.

I've been having a blast with Guild Wars 2. I'm still a member of the guild mentioned in the previous post, but have found another Christian guild that focuses on group-style PvP (Player vs Player). I'm not big into PvP, but I enjoy the group-style play in something called WvW (World vs World). This is where three different servers on a similar playing tier will be matched up for a week. It's a lot of fun planning strategies and figuring out which towers and fortresses to try and conquer (or defend). What really sealed it for me was standing on the ramparts of one of the major fortresses and watching this fireball fly through the sky towards one of our walls. I had to ask what it was. It was an opposing player on a trebuchet at a nearby tower.

Anyway, the new guild I joined is Chariot of Fire [FIRE]. If anyone is interested in this game, feel free to ask questions. They occasionally have a free week. I think the last one was in September.

Anyone here playing MMORPG games?

Return to “Gaming”