POEM@HOME

Discuss BOINC in general and other projects
nanoprobe
Experienced Cruncher
Experienced Cruncher

Re: POEM@HOME

Postby nanoprobe » Wed Jun 12, 2013 9:59 am

WUs are flowing again.

Proverbs 27:1 Do not boast about tomorrow, for you do not know what a day may bring.

nanoprobe
Experienced Cruncher
Experienced Cruncher

Postby nanoprobe » Thu Jun 13, 2013 4:05 am

Looks like the POEM server has crashed again. No website, downloads or uploads.

Proverbs 27:1 Do not boast about tomorrow, for you do not know what a day may bring.

nanoprobe
Experienced Cruncher
Experienced Cruncher

Postby nanoprobe » Sun Jun 16, 2013 9:18 am

The site managed to stay up for 2 days but it's gone south again. Wonder why they are having so many issues?

USAFA82
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby USAFA82 » Sun Jun 16, 2013 10:12 am

Did they post anything when the site was up? I have several WUs trying to upload. I hope they're able to get it all worked out soon.

nanoprobe
Experienced Cruncher
Experienced Cruncher

Postby nanoprobe » Sun Jun 16, 2013 1:16 pm

USAFA82 wrote:Did they post anything when the site was up? I have several WUs trying to upload. I hope they're able to get it all worked out soon.

There seem to be little if any input from whoever is in charge over there these days. There have been numerous posts about the outages but no responses that I've seen. The last post I saw this morning before the site went down was error messages about there being no more server disk space which was the error I was getting. When I checked their server status there were 2 functions that were off line which I'm sure had something to do with the disk space errors. I have WUs stuck trying to upload too. Don't know if anyone is minding the store on Sundays.

pecosriverm
Senior Cruncher
Senior Cruncher

Postby pecosriverm » Mon Jun 17, 2013 7:03 am

Seems to be UP again. I just got 1 new WU and uploaded all pending.

USAFA82
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby USAFA82 » Mon Jun 17, 2013 7:52 am

Mine uploaded as well. Looks like they have a Twitter account: @poem_at_home. I hadn't noticed that before.

pecosriverm
Senior Cruncher
Senior Cruncher

Postby pecosriverm » Sat Dec 07, 2013 12:10 pm

I see I'm falling down to #5..

I've got alittle longer to wait til we start on the addition. Make sure you guys crank up the work now while you can. :icon_cheesygrin:

Really you got afew months. After the outside is done I've still got to wire, hang drywall and tile the floors. Then I can move all my computers into their new home.

I'm shooting for setting it up to run ~20 systems..Then I'll have lots of room to grow into.

I'll try and take pictures along the way and might even ask for some idea's on the layout and setup.

Have a Merry Christmas
Jerry
PecosRiverM

pandelta
Veteran Cruncher
Veteran Cruncher

Postby pandelta » Sat Dec 07, 2013 6:12 pm

pecosriverm wrote:I see I'm falling down to #5..

I've got alittle longer to wait til we start on the addition. Make sure you guys crank up the work now while you can. :icon_cheesygrin:

Really you got afew months. After the outside is done I've still got to wire, hang drywall and tile the floors. Then I can move all my computers into their new home.

I'm shooting for setting it up to run ~20 systems..Then I'll have lots of room to grow into.

I'll try and take pictures along the way and might even ask for some idea's on the layout and setup.

Have a Merry Christmas
Jerry
PecosRiverM

That is awesome! Definitely post some pictures, would love to see the project!
[Image

Vester
Experienced Cruncher
Experienced Cruncher

Postby Vester » Sun Dec 28, 2014 8:44 pm

I have put my computer on Poem@Home and POEM@TEST. You can read about the GPU project test at http://boinc.fzk.de/poem/ . Note that you must paste the POEM@TEST URL, http://int-boinctest.int.kit.edu/poem/ , in Tools | Add project... of BOINC Manager. It is an odd way to get work and the POEM@HOME project on my BOINC Manager does not list my name or team. Time will tell about the stats.

POEM@TEST is for those who like (beta) tests and are willing to spend extra time on a project...just my cup of tea! They have work for both ATI/AMD and Nvidia GPUs.

Return to “General BOINC Discussion and Other Projects”