FiND@Home: Small work, biggish score for CPU

Discuss BOINC in general and other projects
Col323
Senior Cruncher
Senior Cruncher

Re: FiND@Home: Small work, biggish score for CPU

Postby Col323 » Tue Aug 18, 2015 10:04 am

We've made the top 50! And here's something you don't see every day. We have an overtake on the #2 team! (See the attachment.) Yes, it's a looong way off, but it's still a notable achievement.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Image <-- Click this banner to jump to our team's Folding stats page

Col323
Senior Cruncher
Senior Cruncher

Postby Col323 » Tue Oct 06, 2015 7:15 am

The project has been burning through work lately. I rarely see a unit which lasts longer than 5 minutes. Because of that, the server has a tough time keeping up with demand. The project admin recently gave an update that we have completed about 47 Million of this 57 Million batch. There may be work after that, but he has not loaded any at this point.

He also gave a update which shows the results of our crunching. http://chemware.ucd.ie/FiNDaH/index.php We have completed the Malaria portion of the project, and a chunk (not sure if all) results from that are available. We are currently crunching on Tuberculosis work - presumably to the end of the 57 Million.

Col323
Senior Cruncher
Senior Cruncher

Postby Col323 » Fri Oct 23, 2015 10:57 am

There are so many fun facts on our stats page today, I can't capture them all in a screenshot. I'll just link the page: http://stats.free-dc.org/stats.php?page=proj&proj=fmah

Long story short, we are fully Sheep-powered! BlisteringSheep is #2 is the daily stats, which also helps put our team at #2 in the daily stats. We're well inside the Top 40 overall, and have overtakes on every team but one team ahead of us. But it's not a complete solo act. Yesterday we had 7 people contribute work.

We will probably run the system out of work before we make too much more noise in the stats. (I'm estimating by the end of October.)But, the project admin has talked about putting more work in the hopper. We just don't have an ETA on when that is.

Col323
Senior Cruncher
Senior Cruncher

Postby Col323 » Wed Dec 02, 2015 9:20 am

This phase of the project has officially completed. See the News post here: http://findah.ucd.ie/forum_thread.php?id=291

Their may be future work, but no word on when. I'm keeping my machines attached and active just in case. I really enjoyed crunching this project.

USAFA82
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby USAFA82 » Wed Dec 02, 2015 1:41 pm

Interesting. I didn't realize how small the project was. Hopefully they'll have something in the future but I can understand that working on his PhD is a priority.

Return to “General BOINC Discussion and Other Projects”