Its lonely over here.....

GPUGRID.net is a volunteer distributed computing project for biomedical research from the Universitat Pompeu Fabra in Barcelona (Spain). GPUGRID is made of many graphics cards (GPUs) joined together to deliver high-performance all-atom biomolecular simulations. The molecular simulations performed by our volunteers are some of the most common types performed by scientists in the field, but they are also some of the most computationally demanding and usually require a supercomputer.
http://www.gpugrid.net/
BiblePreacher
Basic Cruncher
Basic Cruncher

Re: Its lonely over here.....

Postby BiblePreacher » Sat Dec 05, 2015 3:33 am

pandelta wrote:How come no one does GPUGrid anymore? I don't do it all the time, but randomly, I was just wondering why its been abandoned? Not that I don't like 100% of the pie.

Where did you get that pie chart? I'd like to see it recently. ;)
Mike
1 Corinthians 9:16 + Ephesians 6:18-20

USAFA82
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby USAFA82 » Sat Dec 05, 2015 6:44 pm

BiblePreacher wrote:
pandelta wrote:How come no one does GPUGrid anymore? I don't do it all the time, but randomly, I was just wondering why its been abandoned? Not that I don't like 100% of the pie.

Where did you get that pie chart? I'd like to see it recently. ;)

Here's the link to the team on Free-DC.org
http://stats.free-dc.org/stats.php?page ... &team=1490
You'll see the current as well as overall pie charts and a list of everybody crunching the project.

I had to stop since I replaced my Nvidia card and the project wasn't working with Radeon cards. If that's changed, I'll hop back in.

BiblePreacher
Basic Cruncher
Basic Cruncher

Postby BiblePreacher » Sun Dec 06, 2015 12:18 am

USAFA82 wrote:I had to stop since I replaced my Nvidia card and the project wasn't working with Radeon cards. If that's changed, I'll hop back in.

Nope, still just NVIDIA and also for the past few months only long tasks and no shorts. I am finishing about 12 tasks a day on the one machine and it goes down from there on the others. The Quadro on the laptop does one task in about 41 hours average. It was doing shorts at about 18 hours.
Mike

BiblePreacher
Basic Cruncher
Basic Cruncher

Postby BiblePreacher » Sun Dec 06, 2015 12:19 am

Thanks for the graphic page too! Lookin' gooooood. lol
Mike

Return to “GPUGRID”