BOINC Pentathlon 2013

An annual event sponsored by SETI.Germany where all BOINC-Teams are invited to participate. This competition is inspired by the Pentathlon of the ancient world. Just like in ancient Greece teams perform this BOINC Pentathlon by running 5 different disciplines. This means within 2 weeks the participants will need to crunch 5 different projects, each for 5 days.
http://www.seti-germany.de/boinc_pentat ... lcome.html
Sid2
Veteran Cruncher
Veteran Cruncher

Re: BOINC Pentathlon 2013

Postby Sid2 » Fri May 10, 2013 4:21 am

Now I understand why so many people are hesitant to run CEP2.

pecosriverm
Senior Cruncher
Senior Cruncher

Postby pecosriverm » Fri May 10, 2013 7:44 am

Sid2 wrote:Now I understand why so many people are hesitant to run CEP2.

lol And that's the reason I'll probably not go much over 2yrs..Unless it's changed to a easier WU.
:icon_rolleyes:

USAFA82
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby USAFA82 » Fri May 10, 2013 11:19 am

pecosriverm wrote:
Sid2 wrote:Now I understand why so many people are hesitant to run CEP2.

lol And that's the reason I'll probably not go much over 2yrs..Unless it's changed to a easier WU.
:icon_rolleyes:

Same here :icon_neutral:

B2I
Veteran Cruncher
Veteran Cruncher

Postby B2I » Fri May 10, 2013 6:37 pm

The cause is one of my passions, so I always keep it checked. I've got 11.5 years run time presently, second only to HCC. When I go unlimited and exclude all other WUs, I tend to get more errors. In fact I have one kludged up 'puter with an I7 on a cheap MB with an old sata 1, 12 year old laptop drive, that throws "computational errors" at the 25% point when I feed it a straight diet of CEP2.

pandelta
Veteran Cruncher
Veteran Cruncher

Postby pandelta » Mon May 13, 2013 3:50 pm

Anyone else bunkering Asteroids?

I'm hoping to have close to a 1,000 done when I open the flood gates. CEP kept blue screening all my machines so I switched to Astro.
[Image

USAFA82
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby USAFA82 » Mon May 13, 2013 4:40 pm

pandelta wrote:Anyone else bunkering Asteroids?

I'm hoping to have close to a 1,000 done when I open the flood gates. CEP kept blue screening all my machines so I switched to Astro.

I thought about doing that but then realized I don't know how to do it in BOINC.. :shock:

My main machine stopped getting CEP2 for some reason. I have WCG suspended for now until the Pentathlon is over.

pandelta
Veteran Cruncher
Veteran Cruncher

Postby pandelta » Mon May 13, 2013 8:45 pm

USAFA82 wrote:

I thought about doing that but then realized I don't know how to do it in BOINC.. :shock:

My main machine stopped getting CEP2 for some reason. I have WCG suspended for now until the Pentathlon is over.

I set the Min and Max buffers high and kept updating Astro until I have a ton of them. Then I suspended networking under activity once they were all downloaded. Thus they are completing but not uploading. I have about 600 done right now. I probably won't release them until Wed.
[Image

nanoprobe
Experienced Cruncher
Experienced Cruncher

Postby nanoprobe » Wed May 15, 2013 3:40 pm

pandelta wrote:
USAFA82 wrote:

I set the Min and Max buffers high and kept updating Astro until I have a ton of them. Then I suspended networking under activity once they were all downloaded. Thus they are completing but not uploading. I have about 600 done right now. I probably won't release them until Wed.

There's a storm of controversy over this project because it requires a wingman to get your task validated. Some of the teams in the race are suspending tasks of their wingman if that wingman happens to be from a competing team that is in the top 3. Stupid, but that's how bad some people want to win. Hopefully future pentathlons will forgo any project that requires a wingman.

Proverbs 27:1 Do not boast about tomorrow, for you do not know what a day may bring.

Return to “BOINC Pentathlon”