BOINC Pentathlon 2013

An annual event sponsored by SETI.Germany where all BOINC-Teams are invited to participate. This competition is inspired by the Pentathlon of the ancient world. Just like in ancient Greece teams perform this BOINC Pentathlon by running 5 different disciplines. This means within 2 weeks the participants will need to crunch 5 different projects, each for 5 days.
http://www.seti-germany.de/boinc_pentat ... lcome.html
nanoprobe
Experienced Cruncher
Experienced Cruncher

Re: BOINC Pentathlon 2013

Postby nanoprobe » Fri May 03, 2013 4:10 pm

USAFA82 wrote:I connected to Einstein and joined the team there.

Me too. :icon_cheesygrin:

Proverbs 27:1 Do not boast about tomorrow, for you do not know what a day may bring.

pecosriverm
Senior Cruncher
Senior Cruncher

Postby pecosriverm » Fri May 03, 2013 7:46 pm

I'm still clearing my HCC cache out. I want to clean the dust bunnies out then I'll be over.
I might have to quiet (shut down) a system or two while my parents are over. They will be trying to sleep in the boys room w/crunchers. :shock:

USAFA82
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby USAFA82 » Fri May 03, 2013 10:49 pm

pecosriverm wrote:I might have to quiet (shut down) a system or two while my parents are over. They will be trying to sleep in the boys room w/crunchers. :shock:

Tell them that they are ambient noise machines designed to help them sleep better :mrgreen:

USAFA82
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby USAFA82 » Fri May 03, 2013 11:00 pm

USAFA82 wrote:I requested a change of "foundership" with the Christians team at SIMAP. The current founder, who is no longer on the team, will be sent a message to approve. If they don't respond in 60 days, it automatically changes. It probably won't be in time for the Pentathlon, however.

The change was approved! That was quick! It's now "ours." :D

pandelta
Veteran Cruncher
Veteran Cruncher

Postby pandelta » Fri May 03, 2013 11:00 pm

USAFA82 wrote:
pecosriverm wrote:I might have to quiet (shut down) a system or two while my parents are over. They will be trying to sleep in the boys room w/crunchers. :shock:

Tell them that they are ambient noise machines designed to help them sleep better :mrgreen:

I nearly busted a gut when I read "ambient noise machines".....lol...I got to remember that one.

You could tell them they are bed warmers....lol
[Image

Sid2
Veteran Cruncher
Veteran Cruncher

Postby Sid2 » Sat May 04, 2013 6:02 am

Twelve hours until SIMAP's servers get hammered.

. . . and it will continue for 14 days! Image

B2I
Veteran Cruncher
Veteran Cruncher

Postby B2I » Sat May 04, 2013 7:23 am

My wife's bought off on the ambient noise story. She also believes she has a personal space heater under the desk in her home office. One cold morning this last winter, she even asked me if I could put one of the space heaters in the bathroom....

pecosriverm
Senior Cruncher
Senior Cruncher

Postby pecosriverm » Sat May 04, 2013 7:32 am

B2I wrote:She even asked me if I could put one of the space heaters in the bathroom....

That's where I went wrong. I put it in the bathroom before being asked. I came home from work and it was in the garage w/cat5 cut @ceiling with dikes. :icon_cry2:

Sid2
Veteran Cruncher
Veteran Cruncher

Postby Sid2 » Sat May 04, 2013 9:16 am

pecosriverm wrote:
B2I wrote:She even asked me if I could put one of the space heaters in the bathroom....

That's where I went wrong. I put it in the bathroom before being asked. I came home from work and it was in the garage w/cat5 cut @ceiling with dikes. :icon_cry2:

USAFA82
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby USAFA82 » Sat May 04, 2013 1:18 pm

I sent out a mass email via WCG and this forum describing the 2013 BOINC Pentathlon and how team members can participate (if they'd like).

I usually get a bunch of bounces via the WCG system as people stop crunching and stop using email addresses. So far I have eight. I can't remember how many I received after sending the Christmas message. I expect there will be more in the next couple of days.

Return to “BOINC Pentathlon”