Last call for SIMAP

"SIMAP is a database of protein similarities and protein domains. It contains about all currently published protein sequences and is continuously updated. Protein similarities are computed using the FASTA algorithm which provides optimal speed and sensitivity. Protein domains are calculated using the InterPro methods and databases. SIMAP is to our knowledge the only project that combines comprehensive coverage with respect to all known proteins and incremental update capabilities."
http://boincsimap.org/boincsimap/
Zeppelin
Novice Cruncher
Novice Cruncher

Re: Last call for SIMAP

Postby Zeppelin » Thu Dec 11, 2014 2:48 pm

You caught me testing some PrimeGrid configurations, looking at joining in on the last PrimeGrid challenge of the year.

I have done more simap in the last month than I have done in several years so it has been interesting. 2nd place could still be yours, it depends on who has the biggest cache left when the server runs out. :icon_cool:

Col323
Senior Cruncher
Senior Cruncher

Postby Col323 » Fri Dec 12, 2014 7:02 am

Good luck on the prime grid challenge! I've never done PG. I did some Prime 95 about a decade ago. It was fun. While I never found a prime, I did find a few factors. How about you? Any primes to your name?

I keep less than a day of cache on hand. Just a personality quirk of mine, I guess, but I've like to have the work flow through and back quickly. You should retain 2nd, as I've already started sputtering on Simap. Congrats! :)
Image <-- Click this banner to jump to our team's Folding stats page

Zeppelin
Novice Cruncher
Novice Cruncher

Postby Zeppelin » Fri Dec 12, 2014 8:01 am

I will be out of work by the of the day (In progress (366) · Validation pending (565) · Validation inconclusive (0) · Valid (1998)).

I have a found a few primes, but mostly outside of PrimeGrid. I like math and especially number theory so I mostly run math projects with a few medical and science projects thrown in for good measure from time to time.

I'm hoping to be at least in the mid-section of crunchers during the challenge, might give Christians a little exposure and who knows might draw in more members?

radioboyz
Cruncher
Cruncher

Postby radioboyz » Fri Dec 12, 2014 8:56 am

And now a word from Radioboyz....
Dynomite comes in little packages!!!.jpg

I am delighted with the progress of this group.
We have come from nothing to breaking the top 70.
And there has been a good distribution of effort.
And personally, I've had a lot of fun joking, kidding, and egging you all on.
I am going to miss SIMAP but more importantly you people who have made the effort fun.
And that comes straight from the heart.
Lets hope our high electrical bills this month are of benefit to everybody.
Radioboyz :D
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Col323
Senior Cruncher
Senior Cruncher

Postby Col323 » Fri Dec 12, 2014 10:45 am

Radio - Thanks for the heartfelt message. I agree fully. Thanks for making this such a fun endeavor!

Zeppelin wrote:I will be out of work by the of the day (In progress (366) · Validation pending (565) · Validation inconclusive (0) · Valid (1998)).

I have a found a few primes, but mostly outside of PrimeGrid. I like math and especially number theory so I mostly run math projects with a few medical and science projects thrown in for good measure from time to time.

I'm hoping to be at least in the mid-section of crunchers during the challenge, might give Christians a little exposure and who knows might draw in more members?

Absolutely! I love to say, "A rising tide raises all boats." So even if you're not running the exact same projects as I am, we're all working together. Just like this SIMAP push drew in some new faces, it would be great to draw in more. Everybody around here has been fun to talk to, I just wish I had more time to spend here. (And more money to spend on the hobby. :mrgreen: )

Congrats on the primes! Any in the top 5000, now or at the time of discovery? I like how you can be credited with a little bit of history there.
Image <-- Click this banner to jump to our team's Folding stats page

Zeppelin
Novice Cruncher
Novice Cruncher

Postby Zeppelin » Fri Dec 12, 2014 11:14 am

They were all Top 5000 at the time, just a few left (26) in the Top 5000 now. :(

Got to agree with Radio, the last SIMAP challenge has been fun.

Vester
Experienced Cruncher
Experienced Cruncher

Postby Vester » Fri Dec 12, 2014 3:27 pm

12/12/2014 4:26:34 PM | boincsimap | Project has no tasks available

Zeppelin
Novice Cruncher
Novice Cruncher

Postby Zeppelin » Wed Dec 17, 2014 9:54 am

Still waiting on a few dozen pending workunits.

Return to “Similarity Matrix of Proteins (SIMAP)”