Not getting Workunits

"SIMAP is a database of protein similarities and protein domains. It contains about all currently published protein sequences and is continuously updated. Protein similarities are computed using the FASTA algorithm which provides optimal speed and sensitivity. Protein domains are calculated using the InterPro methods and databases. SIMAP is to our knowledge the only project that combines comprehensive coverage with respect to all known proteins and incremental update capabilities."
http://boincsimap.org/boincsimap/
USAFA82
Site Admin
Site Admin

Not getting Workunits

Postby USAFA82 » Wed May 15, 2013 10:33 am

For some reason, I stopped getting workunits from SIMAP a couple of days ago. Has anyone heard if their WUs have dried up due to the Pentathlon? I don't have it suspended and I seem to be getting WUs from Asteroids, GPUgrid and Yoyo. :icon_question:

pecosriverm
Senior Cruncher
Senior Cruncher

Re: BOINC Pentathlon 2013

Postby pecosriverm » Wed May 15, 2013 2:25 pm

Don't know why I couldn't post in the SIMAP thread....

In answer to your question about getting WU's I'm still getting them as of 3:25p 15 May.
Maybe it's because of the other wu's your pulling?

USAFA82
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby USAFA82 » Wed May 15, 2013 5:24 pm

pecosriverm wrote:Don't know why I couldn't post in the SIMAP thread....

In answer to your question about getting WU's I'm still getting them as of 3:25p 15 May.
Maybe it's because of the other wu's your pulling?

Hmm... I'll have to double-check the permissions. If you can't post there, you probably can't post in the other new forums I created. I'll probably move your post over there once I get it sorted out.

*Edit: I think I fixed the permissions problem and moved the posts.

Regarding the WUs, Should I change the default for how many days are cached? I seem to be pulling WUs from Yoyo and Asteroids. Does the default cache apply to all BOINC projects and if set too low prevents WUs from some projects if the BOINC manager determines I have enough from other projects?

pecosriverm
Senior Cruncher
Senior Cruncher

Postby pecosriverm » Wed May 15, 2013 7:59 pm

pecosriverm wrote:Don't know why I couldn't post in the SIMAP thread....

Fixed Thanks.
USAFA82 wrote:Regarding the WUs, Should I change the default for how many days are cached? I seem to be pulling WUs from Yoyo and Asteroids. Does the default cache apply to all BOINC projects and if set too low prevents WUs from some projects if the BOINC manager determines I have enough from other projects?

Not sure but I do think the default cache applies to all projects. Are they all set to the same share %?
Nano might know more about this.

USAFA82
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Not getting Workunits

Postby USAFA82 » Wed May 15, 2013 8:11 pm

I updated the default profile's cache to 1 day via WCG. It looks like it propagated over to SIMAP because it now says 1 day as well. When I requested an update, it didn't get any new WUs and the message in the log says it's because it says "project not highest priority." I think I have WCG with the highest priority and everthing else is the same. I'll toy with changing the priority and see if that helps.

*Edit: Well, I changed the Resource share to be higher than other projects but I get the same message. They must be referring to something else.

USAFA82
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby USAFA82 » Thu May 16, 2013 7:57 am

Seems to be resolved. I started getting WUs sometime overnight. I read on a different forum that for BOINC Managers above 7 the message "project not highest priority" actually means there are no WUs available.

Sid2
Veteran Cruncher
Veteran Cruncher

Postby Sid2 » Thu May 16, 2013 2:40 pm

USAFA82 wrote:Seems to be resolved. I started getting WUs sometime overnight. I read on a different forum that for BOINC Managers above 7 the message "project not highest priority" actually means there are no WUs available.

Try this: suspend all other work and then request new SIMAP tasks.

Then resume the other projects . . . works for me.

USAFA82
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby USAFA82 » Thu May 16, 2013 6:12 pm

Sid2 wrote:
USAFA82 wrote:Seems to be resolved. I started getting WUs sometime overnight. I read on a different forum that for BOINC Managers above 7 the message "project not highest priority" actually means there are no WUs available.

Try this: suspend all other work and then request new SIMAP tasks.

Then resume the other projects . . . works for me.

Thanks! I'll try that next time.

*Edit: It works! Thanks for the info!

Return to “Similarity Matrix of Proteins (SIMAP)”