Last call for SIMAP

"SIMAP is a database of protein similarities and protein domains. It contains about all currently published protein sequences and is continuously updated. Protein similarities are computed using the FASTA algorithm which provides optimal speed and sensitivity. Protein domains are calculated using the InterPro methods and databases. SIMAP is to our knowledge the only project that combines comprehensive coverage with respect to all known proteins and incremental update capabilities."
http://boincsimap.org/boincsimap/
Col323
Senior Cruncher
Senior Cruncher

Last call for SIMAP

Postby Col323 » Fri Aug 29, 2014 10:25 am

I know this isn't a huge project for us, and this isn't exactly breaking news, but SIMAP is pulling off the grid at the end of 2014. It seems doing all their crunching internally will work best for them now. Hopefully, this means our crunching through the years has served them well.

I figured I'd give a PSA in case anyone wants to lock up one more milestone, help the team's final standing, or knock me out of the team's first place for all of time. :icon_cry2: lol Team stats link for reference.
Image <-- Click this banner to jump to our team's Folding stats page

pecosriverm
Senior Cruncher
Senior Cruncher

Re: Last call for SIMAP

Postby pecosriverm » Fri Aug 29, 2014 1:13 pm

625K Hummm.... Naa you can keep 1st place. :icon_rolleyes:

Col323
Senior Cruncher
Senior Cruncher

Postby Col323 » Sat Aug 30, 2014 4:54 am

Ah, it warms my heart to know that your first (and apparently only) thought was, "What would it take to knock Col323 off his perch?" :p

pandelta
Veteran Cruncher
Veteran Cruncher

Postby pandelta » Sat Aug 30, 2014 9:12 am

pecosriverm wrote:625K Hummm.... Naa you can keep 1st place. :icon_rolleyes:

LOL
[Image

Col323
Senior Cruncher
Senior Cruncher

Postby Col323 » Thu Sep 11, 2014 7:13 am

I made 1,000,000 and had started to wind down, but then saw we were a few places out of the Top 200, so have picked up a little more. We may get there in a month or so.

Of course, any extra CPU time would help us get there a little faster. :)

Col323
Senior Cruncher
Senior Cruncher

Postby Col323 » Fri Oct 03, 2014 6:01 am

We are firmly planted in the top 200 and we have a few more overtakes coming up in the next day or so. I'd love to keep chasing the next team, but there are plenty of other bio projects to tackle.

Tonight, I plan on leaving an occupying force here, and putting more focus on Rosetta.

Happy crunching!

Vester
Experienced Cruncher
Experienced Cruncher

Postby Vester » Fri Oct 03, 2014 6:46 am

I've been crunching since January, 2002, but I never tried SIMAP. Right now I am testing Windows Technical Preview and trying to figure out what happened to my PPD at Folding@home. I am running F@h because my AMD R9 270X GPU can be used there. As a University of Washington grad, I have a few points at Rosetta, too. Dr. Baker is nice to work with, but so is Dr. Singh.

I have only recently jumped back into crunching seriously after finally sorting my HP computer. Thanks for the discussion of available projects, and I am willing to put my seven available CPU cores (currently on F@h) to work on a different project.

radioboyz
Cruncher
Cruncher

Postby radioboyz » Fri Oct 03, 2014 10:36 am

Hello Col323,

Getting pretty big for our britches aren't we? I can't possibly knock you off your #1 spot after you already hogged 68%+ of our teams points.

BUT - I can give you a pretty good run for your money on the daily pie chart. Shove over buddy and make room for me on that perch.

I'll beat you on a daily race. Are you game? Just wait and see....smarty pants lol

Radioboyz

pecosriverm
Senior Cruncher
Senior Cruncher

Postby pecosriverm » Fri Oct 03, 2014 2:24 pm

lol lol
Now there's a challenge if I've ever saw one..

I might have to throw in for a day or two...Naa I'll just sit by and watch. :shock:

radioboyz
Cruncher
Cruncher

Postby radioboyz » Fri Oct 03, 2014 3:25 pm

Yessiree Col323 just might get knocked off his perch....just wait and see. I've got 46 cores running and more in the works!!! He won't brag so much after I fix his fancy pants...yes sir. He will be humble in a day or two.

Why so quiet Col323? Don't think I can do it? 46 cores running at 100% capacity ought to put a big dent in your ego, ha, ha.

Radioboyz

Return to “Similarity Matrix of Proteins (SIMAP)”