Last call for SIMAP

"SIMAP is a database of protein similarities and protein domains. It contains about all currently published protein sequences and is continuously updated. Protein similarities are computed using the FASTA algorithm which provides optimal speed and sensitivity. Protein domains are calculated using the InterPro methods and databases. SIMAP is to our knowledge the only project that combines comprehensive coverage with respect to all known proteins and incremental update capabilities."
http://boincsimap.org/boincsimap/
Vester
Experienced Cruncher
Experienced Cruncher

Re: Last call for SIMAP

Postby Vester » Thu Nov 13, 2014 7:45 am

Welcome, Zeppelin! Keep on "disrupting" because I like the result. :)

radioboyz
Cruncher
Cruncher

Postby radioboyz » Thu Nov 13, 2014 8:51 am

Please do not apologize Zeppelin...I am glad you arrived! :mrgreen:
This is a GREAT team, and we are all happy you joined us!
Here are 8 reasons why....jpg

1. Originally Col323 invited somebody to "knock him off his perch".
2. BlisteringSheep has been getting a little big for his britches lately.
3. You balance out the team.
4. Zeppelin rises through the clouds just like our bar charts.
5. More people have more fun :D
6. You accomplished much on your own, why not get team credit for it?
7. All contributions move us in a good direction, no matter how large or small.
8. We look forward to getting to know you better.

So I hope you will ruffle up a few feathers more!

Radioboyz
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Col323
Senior Cruncher
Senior Cruncher

Postby Col323 » Thu Nov 13, 2014 10:15 am

Zeppelin wrote:Apologies to all did not mean to step-on any toes, intentions were to lend a helping hand in moving the team up in the rankings. I figured the easy way to accomplish this was to just move my existing account to Christians rather than setting up a new email account and boinc identity, obviously that thinking was in error, did not thinking about the disruption it would cause in rankings and status quo. Sorry! :icon_redface:

Hello, and welcome! It's good you brought your existing account over. That's what I and others have done. No feathers ruffled here. I pointed it out since once upon a time (maybe as recently as August/September) I had about 75% of the team's total pie. That is clearly no longer the case! :mrgreen: lol radio used the fact that I had such a large portion of the pie as motivation for all of us, and it's been a lot of fun since. We went from a team who was happy to end Simap in the top 200, to a team in the top 90 and still rising quickly! :shock:

Meanwhile, it looks like you and I have a good competition brewing! One place separates us not only in the team rankings, but in the overall rankings as well. And, our output looks like it will be very similar, unless you are still spooling up. In which case I'm done for! :mrgreen:

Once again, glad to have you!
Image <-- Click this banner to jump to our team's Folding stats page

Zeppelin
Novice Cruncher
Novice Cruncher

Postby Zeppelin » Thu Nov 13, 2014 10:46 am

Competition can drive the team to new heights, so it is good for the team's ranking and the project. A win-win for everybody.

Still spooling up a little so not sure where the points/day will settle, only time will tell.

Just recently moved here in eastern Kentucky from southeast Texas so trying to adjust to this cooler weather.

nanoprobe
Experienced Cruncher
Experienced Cruncher

Postby nanoprobe » Thu Nov 13, 2014 4:14 pm

Zeppelin wrote:
Just recently moved here in eastern Kentucky from southeast Texas so trying to adjust to this cooler weather.

Anywhere near Paintsville?

Proverbs 27:1 Do not boast about tomorrow, for you do not know what a day may bring.

Zeppelin
Novice Cruncher
Novice Cruncher

Postby Zeppelin » Thu Nov 13, 2014 4:33 pm

nanoprobe wrote:
Zeppelin wrote:

Anywhere near Paintsville?

Denver just a short hop and skip away! (Since the closure of the Denver Post Office it is a Hagerhill address now)

pecosriverm
Senior Cruncher
Senior Cruncher

Postby pecosriverm » Thu Nov 13, 2014 5:52 pm

Looks like a nice area. Rural. Hills, and timber night be a nice area to hunt in.

Col323
Senior Cruncher
Senior Cruncher

Postby Col323 » Fri Nov 14, 2014 9:43 pm

Well, Zeppelin, it's safe to say you will outpace me. lol Nice job taking second on the team, both daily and overall!
Image <-- Click this banner to jump to our team's Folding stats page

Zeppelin
Novice Cruncher
Novice Cruncher

Postby Zeppelin » Fri Nov 14, 2014 10:12 pm

pecosriverm wrote:Looks like a nice area. Rural. Hills, and timber night be a nice area to hunt in.

Very nice hunting.

Col323 wrote:Well, Zeppelin, it's safe to say you will outpace me. lol Nice job taking second on the team, both daily and overall!

I would not be concerned just yet, starting to install some GPU's I pulled out of the machines before the long trip to Kentucky. So that will cut down on the number of cores on SIMAP.

Vester
Experienced Cruncher
Experienced Cruncher

Postby Vester » Sat Nov 15, 2014 7:44 am

Zeppelin, I run Folding@home on my two GPUs and the team is doing well, 191st, with just six of us. F@h is the best GPU project IMO. Free DC Stats.

Return to “Similarity Matrix of Proteins (SIMAP)”