I've picked this up for a bit

yoyo@home is running five different projects focusing on various types of research including finding factors for different kinds of numbers, simulating and designing parts of a particle accelerator, analysis of human mitochondrial DNA and a project searching for the shortest Optimal Golumb Ruler of the length 27.
http://www.rechenkraft.net/yoyo/
Col323
Senior Cruncher
Senior Cruncher

I've picked this up for a bit

Postby Col323 » Mon Nov 25, 2013 10:50 am

One of my pet projects is distributed.net's OGR project. It's a math project, but the discoveries lead to real world applications, which I believe would even help the Help Fight Childhood Cancer project. Recently, I realized I can run this via yoyo at home and Boinc's wrapper technology. This way, I can give my cycles to our team instead of contributing to an old team of mine like I had been. Now I wish I'd realized this at the start of the summer when I switched over, instead of now. Oh well. Regardless, we have moved up about 50 places in the past week, with plenty more to come. And I've been able to add a little cow icon to my stats sig, as seen here:

Image <-- Click this banner to jump to our team's Folding stats page

USAFA82
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: I've picked this up for a bit

Postby USAFA82 » Wed Nov 27, 2013 10:24 pm

Good job! I've been focusing on the new cancer markers project at WCG. Once I've put in a few years on that project, I'll branch out again.

Col323
Senior Cruncher
Senior Cruncher

Postby Col323 » Thu Nov 28, 2013 7:17 am

Yes, I'm really excited that there is another cancer project at WCG. I plan on completing this phase of OGR via yoyo. There's less than 4% to go, so it should end early next year. Then I'll probably run the new cancer project. But when I did dabble in it to get this lame bronze badge, the batches were flying off the shelves. If you guys clean it out before I can get there, that would be awesome! I'd rather the research get done quickly than for me to get a blue badge or beyond.

PS - We've now moved up nearly 100 places in yoyo, and still climbing quickly!

Col323
Senior Cruncher
Senior Cruncher

Postby Col323 » Sun Dec 08, 2013 11:05 am

Today may be the first day we don't make a pass since I moved here. But, we have moved up nearly 175 places, and have another 40 on our 30 day radar.

Col323
Senior Cruncher
Senior Cruncher

Postby Col323 » Tue Dec 10, 2013 7:06 am

Barring any unforeseen circumstances, we should be back on the overtake train today. Free-DC shows us with six teams less than a day away. Woooo! Woooo!

Return to “yoyo@home”