Fold4Jesus

Folding@home (FAH or F@h) is a distributed computing project for disease research that simulates protein folding, computational drug design, and other types of molecular dynamics. Its primary purpose is to determine the mechanisms of protein folding, which is the process by which proteins reach their final three-dimensional structure, and to examine the causes of protein misfolding.
What is protein folding?
Proteins are biology's workhorses- its "nanomachines." Proteins help your body break down food into energy, regulate your moods, and fight disease. Before proteins can carry out these important functions, they assemble themselves, or "fold." While protein folding is critical and fundamental to virtually all of biology much of the process remains a mystery.

When proteins do not fold correctly (misfolding), there can be serious health consequences, including many well known diseases, such as Alzheimer's, Mad Cow (BSE), CJD, ALS, AIDS, Huntington's, Parkinson's disease, and many cancers.

If we better understand protein misfolding we can design drugs and therapies to combat these illnesses.
Fold4Jesus
New Forum User
New Forum User

Fold4Jesus

Postby Fold4Jesus » Tue Jul 22, 2014 7:19 am

Hey guys, I'm elitez28 from Fold4Jesus! I saw you guys were catching up at an insane rate and just wanted to drop in and say hi.

USAFA82
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Fold4Jesus

Postby USAFA82 » Thu Jul 24, 2014 9:58 pm

Hey elitez28! Sorry it took me a couple of days to notice we had a new forum member and that you made a post! Welcome to the forums!

Col323 is the captain of our folding team and I moved your post from the Welcome forum to the Folding@home forum. You wouldn't have been able to get into that forum until I got your user account approved.

nanoprobe
Experienced Cruncher
Experienced Cruncher

Postby nanoprobe » Fri Jul 25, 2014 8:02 am

Welcome to the forum and don't be a stranger.

Proverbs 27:1 Do not boast about tomorrow, for you do not know what a day may bring.

Col323
Senior Cruncher
Senior Cruncher

Postby Col323 » Tue Jul 29, 2014 6:14 pm

Hey elitez28! Thanks for coming to say hi! I was over at your website a week or two ago when I saw we were catching you guys. I wanted to say hi, but wasn't sure where the best place was for that.

You guys have done some serious folding too! And I love to meet other serious crunchers and folders who are all about God's kingdom. Like nanoprobe says, don't be a stranger! (And your teammates can post here too. There's plenty of room!)
Image <-- Click this banner to jump to our team's Folding stats page

Return to “Folding@home”