Welcome McCauley!

Welcome to the home of Team Christians. If you have just registered on the board, you MUST post an introduction to gain access to the rest of the forums (it helps to weed out fake registrations). There may already be a welcome thread started for you. Just reply to it and tell us a little about yourself. NOTE: You don't have to be a member of the team in order to post here. All are welcome! Thanks!
USAFA82
Site Admin
Site Admin

Welcome McCauley!

Postby USAFA82 » Sun Aug 25, 2013 6:23 pm

Welcome to the forums, McCauley! I'm making the assumption that you're the McCauley from our Folding@Home team. I've upgraded your membership to full Team Member, so you should be able to see everything on the forums. Feel free to tell us a little about yourself. Again, welcome to the forums!

B2I
Veteran Cruncher
Veteran Cruncher

Re: Welcome McCauley!

Postby B2I » Sun Aug 25, 2013 9:34 pm

welcome.

pandelta
Veteran Cruncher
Veteran Cruncher

Postby pandelta » Mon Aug 26, 2013 4:02 pm

Welcome! Glad you found us!
[Image

pecosriverm
Senior Cruncher
Senior Cruncher

Postby pecosriverm » Tue Aug 27, 2013 6:30 am

I'd like to welcome you also.

nanoprobe
Experienced Cruncher
Experienced Cruncher

Postby nanoprobe » Tue Aug 27, 2013 7:12 am

Welcome aboard. Glad to have you.

Proverbs 27:1 Do not boast about tomorrow, for you do not know what a day may bring.

McCauley
Settling In
Settling In

Postby McCauley » Tue Aug 27, 2013 3:53 pm

Hello, My name is Daryl, I'm folding under my grandfathers name McCauley. Yes the same McCauley on the folding stats. Found this team from another forum, I'm a rookie folder. Long time computer hobby. Hope I can keep up, the electric bills are starting to climb and getting a little friction from the better half, she knows it is a good cause and a good team. We are both retired and living in central Florida, do some gardening and fishing. When I first started looking into folding I was intending to fold for the USAF team, our son is 22 years in, but we decided this was a better cause as we are a Christian family. Well I am rambling, not my norm. Thanks for the welcomes.

pandelta
Veteran Cruncher
Veteran Cruncher

Postby pandelta » Tue Aug 27, 2013 9:48 pm

McCauley wrote: Yes the same McCauley on the folding stats.

I'm running two 7770s and a GTX670 and only getting about 110k/day. Do you have any idea what kind of Work Units you are running on folding@home that is producing 250+k each? What kind of video card you running them on? I've never seen anything like that. Its amazing! Reminds me of the HCC production!
[Image

McCauley
Settling In
Settling In

Postby McCauley » Wed Aug 28, 2013 6:36 am

hello pandelta. the jobs making the 225k every other day are 8103,8105 and a 8101 (that is a slow one). they are -bigadv jobs on -smp. I'm running them on a 2p opteron rig, 2 6134 8cores at 2.4 ghz running on linux with the kraken wrapper. Going 24/7 except for some shutdowns for florida afternoon lightning storms,no ups yet. I put it together from ebay parts and am using the Musky linux wrapper from hardforum. Love the hardware, hate the software, hehe took me 15 mins to figure out how to answer you. I wanted a 4p rig but man are those mbs high priced! Hope i got this sent right,have a blessed day.

pandelta
Veteran Cruncher
Veteran Cruncher

Postby pandelta » Wed Aug 28, 2013 5:06 pm

McCauley wrote:hello pandelta. the jobs making the 225k every other day are 8103,8105 and a 8101 (that is a slow one). they are -bigadv jobs on -smp. I'm running them on a 2p opteron rig, 2 6134 8cores at 2.4 ghz running on linux with the kraken wrapper. Going 24/7 except for some shutdowns for florida afternoon lightning storms,no ups yet. I put it together from ebay parts and am using the Musky linux wrapper from hardforum. Love the hardware, hate the software, hehe took me 15 mins to figure out how to answer you. I wanted a 4p rig but man are those mbs high priced! Hope i got this sent right,have a blessed day.

Wow that is quite a setup! Very nice! Had no idea you could generate those kinds of points off of SMP. Thanks for the info!

I heard over on another tech site that someone had spotted Intel 16 core/32 thread Xeon, that won't release for more than year, at one of the mobo manufacturer's. Just image what that would do on a 4P system. :shock:
[Image

Col323
Senior Cruncher
Senior Cruncher

Postby Col323 » Fri Aug 30, 2013 7:38 am

Welcome, McCauley! I'm glad you found us. It's great to meet you and I think you'll fit in well. Many of us (myself included) have crunched or folded on other teams, and then have decided that bonding with other believers is a really great way to pursue this hobby. And ultimately, we hope to find cures to many ailments.

Man, I love your second post. You dropped more folding knowledge in one shot than I have in all mine.
Image <-- Click this banner to jump to our team's Folding stats page

Return to “Welcome and Introductions”