Hey, hey

Welcome to the home of Team Christians. If you have just registered on the board, you MUST post an introduction to gain access to the rest of the forums (it helps to weed out fake registrations). There may already be a welcome thread started for you. Just reply to it and tell us a little about yourself. NOTE: You don't have to be a member of the team in order to post here. All are welcome! Thanks!
kennycjr
New Forum User
New Forum User

Hey, hey

Postby kennycjr » Sat Feb 22, 2014 5:09 am

Guess I'm something of an old-timer with the group, back from the UD days. Sure brings up memories, before facebook, possibly even before myspace. Anyhow, I used to be quite a cruncher, and have been crunching again for awhile. I guess I've just been lurking, just hadn't quite made my way here to these forums just yet.

USAFA82
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Hey, hey

Postby USAFA82 » Sat Feb 22, 2014 6:52 pm

Hey Kenny! Glad you found your way over here. Welcome to the forums!

pandelta
Veteran Cruncher
Veteran Cruncher

Postby pandelta » Sun Feb 23, 2014 1:27 pm

Welcome!
[Image

Col323
Senior Cruncher
Senior Cruncher

Postby Col323 » Sun Feb 23, 2014 3:20 pm

Welcome! This internet thing certainly has changed since those days, eh? Thankfully, so has technology. A room full of single core computers can now be out crunched by a box or two. Now if I only had all the space for crunchers that I did 10 years ago.

It's great to have you on board!
Image <-- Click this banner to jump to our team's Folding stats page

pecosriverm
Senior Cruncher
Senior Cruncher

Postby pecosriverm » Sun Feb 23, 2014 4:28 pm

Welcome errrr Back?

Pull up a keyboard and start crunching.. lol

Hanski
Cruncher
Cruncher

Postby Hanski » Mon Feb 24, 2014 12:37 pm

Hey Kenny!
<><

kennycjr
New Forum User
New Forum User

Postby kennycjr » Tue Feb 25, 2014 3:20 am

Hey all. Yes, the internet definitely has changed over the years, though it does seem to be more of a devolution, as if we needed more proof of entropy. I do remember being envious of those with their own 'clusters'. I would do the same, if I was able.

Good to hear from you all, any chance is olivia still around?

Anyhow, I'm running BOINC on a dual-core win 8.1 laptop, definitely the newest computer I've ever been able to get. I got it remanufactured from newegg, far as I can tell the person just didn't like win 8. Once I got used to it's peculiarities, I haven't had any issues with it, it only gets restarted when it's needed for an update. But then there's the labyrinthine file system, and the seemingly non-existent start-up folder, which regularly begs the question: When the BOINC manager disappears, where in the world can it be found to start it up again?

Vester
Experienced Cruncher
Experienced Cruncher

Postby Vester » Tue Mar 25, 2014 7:57 pm

Mine is in C:\Program Files (x86)\BOINC. Have you tried right-click on the Windows logo where start should be and select File Explorer?

Return to “Welcome and Introductions”