Greetings from Fair Play, SC

Welcome to the home of Team Christians. If you have just registered on the board, you MUST post an introduction to gain access to the rest of the forums (it helps to weed out fake registrations). There may already be a welcome thread started for you. Just reply to it and tell us a little about yourself. NOTE: You don't have to be a member of the team in order to post here. All are welcome! Thanks!
pandelta
Veteran Cruncher
Veteran Cruncher

Re: Greetings from Fair Play, SC

Postby pandelta » Fri Sep 05, 2014 7:54 pm

Vester wrote:I finally got to the bottom of my perplexing computer freezes (HPE h9-1135 Phoenix). The Radeon HD 7790 video card has problems with the Catalyst drivers for 7000 series cards and I have found that I am not the only person with this problem. I am now crunching using Linux Mint 17 and the native drivers. If I load the proprietary AMD drivers, it will freeze. I found some Windows drivers specifically for the video card (14-4-xp32-64-dd-ccc-pack3.exe). but I would have to load Windows again to test them. I'm working on an AMD R9 deal with one of my grandsons.

I have a grandson (13) in Japan and learned yesterday that he bought himself a gaming laptop: https://www.asus.com/ca-en/Notebooks_Ul ... OG_G750JH/ . That boy gets a lot more money than I ever gave his Dad!

Nice, no, REALLY NICE laptop!
[Image

Return to “Welcome and Introductions”