Hi!!!!

Welcome to the home of Team Christians. If you have just registered on the board, you MUST post an introduction to gain access to the rest of the forums (it helps to weed out fake registrations). There may already be a welcome thread started for you. Just reply to it and tell us a little about yourself. NOTE: You don't have to be a member of the team in order to post here. All are welcome! Thanks!
ArtoriosRex
New Forum User
New Forum User

Hi!!!!

Postby ArtoriosRex » Wed May 07, 2014 8:12 am

Hey folks. Just registered. I've been a DC-er since the RC5-64 challenge at distributed.net back in 1997. I've done OGR, UD, find-a-drug, Rosetta@Home, Einstein@Home, PiHex, Genome@Home, Mersenne Primes, and of course Folding@Home, which is where the bulk of my processing is going currently. I'm "jogar" in the Christians Against Cancer team. (Rah rah 330th place!)

I'm Greg Ackerson from Yorktown, VA, married with 4 cats and 5 computers. :D I'm really into Minecraft and Skyrim, but I've only been married a few months so I've had minimal time for either. (LOL, sigh) Also a casual freemium LOTRO player.

USAFA82
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Hi!!!!

Postby USAFA82 » Thu May 08, 2014 3:26 pm

Hi Greg and welcome to the forums! It's great to meet a fellow gamer! I signed up for LOTRO but never played. I'm currently playing SWTOR and a little ESO. I have some toons on GW2 but haven't played it much.

I'm glad you found your way over here!

pecosriverm
Senior Cruncher
Senior Cruncher

Postby pecosriverm » Thu May 08, 2014 4:40 pm

Hi Greg

Welcome to the Team and forums. I haven't been much into games (since EA shut-down Earth and Beyond). :icon_cry2:

As a newlywed you probably won't have much time for games (for a year or two :icon_redface: )

littlepeaks
Veteran Cruncher
Veteran Cruncher

Postby littlepeaks » Fri May 09, 2014 10:05 am

Hi Greg, and welcome to the forums --

Congratulations on your recent marriage. And yes, you'd better put the games and the PCs on the backburner for a while and make your new bride happy, or else your situation may end up as in this song "Computer Games" by the Cernettes. (Yes, and guard that 80 MB of computer games, lol )
Posted from my garage-door opener.

Col323
Senior Cruncher
Senior Cruncher

Postby Col323 » Fri May 09, 2014 8:29 pm

Hi Greg! Welcome and congrats on your recent marriage! I'm coming up on our five year anniversary. It's tough to believe it's been that long! I have zero advice for you in that department. :D

I cut my DC teeth on RC5-64 as well, but I didn't start until 1999. (I know, I'm such a n00b!) I've run almost all the projects you listed except for Einstein and PiHex. I don't recall that last one. When was it around? Anyway, funny to think we have been on so many projects together! Sometimes I think about old projects like genome and wonder what some modern hardware could do on it.

Thanks for putting your hand to the plow in Folding! We may not be top 100 (yet :D ), but for our small team, we are doing great things!
Image <-- Click this banner to jump to our team's Folding stats page

Return to “Welcome and Introductions”