Hello from BiblePreacher

Welcome to the home of Team Christians. If you have just registered on the board, you MUST post an introduction to gain access to the rest of the forums (it helps to weed out fake registrations). There may already be a welcome thread started for you. Just reply to it and tell us a little about yourself. NOTE: You don't have to be a member of the team in order to post here. All are welcome! Thanks!
BiblePreacher
Basic Cruncher
Basic Cruncher

Hello from BiblePreacher

Postby BiblePreacher » Wed Aug 27, 2014 12:27 am

My name is John Michael McCauley IV, but I go by Mike. I am 39 years old this October first. I got born again when I was 20 years old. I am single and called of God to preach the Gospel. I have survived cancer twice and depending on tests that are being done now, possibly a third. I will update this when any definite information comes on that one. I was born and still live in Delaware County, Pennsylvania, just outside of South-West Philadelphia. I started distributing computing with United Devices back in 2000 and have been donating my CPUs to distributed.net since UD stopped its public projects. I just found the GPUGrid after I built a new computer that actually has a GPU strong enough to do such work. I pray that projects sucha s these find cures and help scientists to better understand the human body, its reactions to different chemicals and drug candidates, and that work leads to dramatic breakthroughs in the science of medicine (which is one science that does in fact not only help us discover more of the beauty and complexity of God's creation, but benefits each individual life as they learn more.) Please, to know my story, my call to preach, and about my cancers, read this short bio I did for a testimony:

https://www.facebook.com/notes/john-mic ... 9486505530

As far as occupation and interests, I am disabled, but my interest and former occupation is in computers. I repair, build them, and fix and/or optimize them. I specialize currently in virus and malware removal and speeding them up both internally and for the network/internet they are connected to. I do affiliate for an anti-virus company that I have used since my first computer and found to depend on them as the only reliable, thorough, and lightweight. Hey, if you believe in something and can help people get it while they pay you to advertize for them, you take the opportunity, right? So if anyone here needs work done or just wants to see their computer work faster than the day they bought it, let me know. As my health and your schedule permits, I can help you.

Mike
1 Corinthians 9:16 + Ephesians 6:18-20

USAFA82
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Hello from BiblePreacher

Postby USAFA82 » Wed Aug 27, 2014 10:49 pm

Hello John and welcome to our forums. I'm always curious as to how people find our site. Are you on one of our teams? We folks scattered across all kind of projects. Quite a few participate in WCG and a few other BOINC projects. We also have an active Folding@home team.

Again, welcome!

Col323
Senior Cruncher
Senior Cruncher

Postby Col323 » Thu Aug 28, 2014 6:29 am

Thanks for the detailed intro! It sounds like you have quite a story. It's amazing what God does in and through each of us.

I also ran a little UD back in the day, but not exclusively. The older I get, the more my focus turns to medical projects. These days, I'm less about points and more about grinding through work to hopefully help research. (But, there's certainly nothing wrong with using points as motivation to get more research done! :D) I just used to be off in the weeds chasing a lot of empty glory and not really caring as much about what the project did.

Thanks for the offer of your tweaking expertise. There are some smart cookies around here, so you'll fit right in.
Image <-- Click this banner to jump to our team's Folding stats page

BiblePreacher
Basic Cruncher
Basic Cruncher

Postby BiblePreacher » Thu Aug 28, 2014 7:37 am

USAFA82, After signing up on the GPUGrid site on BOINC I joined the team "Christians" and after that I found the link to here on that team's page.

Col323, throughout the years BiblePreacher, brokepoor, and caffeineyellow5 have been my online AKAs. When I was with UD I went by CaffeineYellow5 (or CY5 for short) and I was a forum moderator for their UBB. There was a handfull of us user mods taking the burden off the Admins who all had jobs to do inside the company. If you went to the UD forums back in the day, then we have surely met before.

I may not be super active on the forums here (and that may also change), but I did want to join and say hello and offer my help if anyone could use it. Also, I want to be able to share my testimony with more people, both lost and saved, to be a faithful witness and for those who love to hear the story, those "who know it best", of Jesus and His love.

Mike

pecosriverm
Senior Cruncher
Senior Cruncher

Postby pecosriverm » Thu Aug 28, 2014 7:14 pm

Welcome aboard.

As a Texan it's nice to see others from the different county of this Great State. :icon_razz: (Pennsylvania isn't that one of those Northern counties). :icon_cheesygrin:

We're Glad to have you on the Team..

Hanski
Cruncher
Cruncher

Postby Hanski » Fri Aug 29, 2014 1:38 pm

Welcome!

I remeber you as caffeineyellow5 from UD.
<><

nanoprobe
Experienced Cruncher
Experienced Cruncher

Postby nanoprobe » Fri Aug 29, 2014 3:36 pm

Welcome aboard Mike. Glad you found us.

Proverbs 27:1 Do not boast about tomorrow, for you do not know what a day may bring.

BiblePreacher
Basic Cruncher
Basic Cruncher

Postby BiblePreacher » Sat Aug 30, 2014 4:52 am

I think I also remember the name Hanski, if you went by that name. Maybe Team Wanderlust or maybe Team Christians there? If not, it just proves how much someone can lose upstairs when they go through the sort of things I have been through. I started the team King James Bible Believers. We only had 15 members at our peek, but it was enough to be in 4th place because we had a power user in Shreveport, LA. That was a fun time on those forums. It got to be so active, we would play games, like word association games and such and the replies would come in faster than a chat software. As one of the original and most active moderators, I asked for a copy of the forums on DVD, but they denied me after their lawyers advised against it. Apparently there was a corprate internal forum section that they discussed UD business in and it could not be separated from the rest of the non-hidden forums. UD, after all, was a for-profit company using the HMMR, Ligandfit, cancer, anthrax, smallpox and other projects as tests for their corporate products. I know we offered great candidates for smallpox and cancer to Oxford and the NCFR and actually found the drugs to cure late stage anthrax infections within 30 days. I hope we also made a great product for UD, which is now Univa.

pecosriverm, Yes, Pennsylvania is northern Texas. Philly, Pittsburgh, and State College are our Austin. lol Outside of those cities, we cling to our Bibles and our guns and enjoy the fresh air and our shale black gold. Unfortunately for me, I am just outside of Philly, so my air is not oh so clean and the politics stinks worse that Galveston at low tide.

nanoprobe, thanks also for the welcome!
Mike

pandelta
Veteran Cruncher
Veteran Cruncher

Postby pandelta » Sat Aug 30, 2014 9:30 am

Welcome abroad! Glad to see you found us! I live in Martinsburg, WV and am probably your closest cruncher by location. At first thought that may sound like many miles apart but is probably only about 3 hours at most as I am in the eastern panhandle of the state and only 90 minutes from DC and Baltimore. I don't know if you are really in to sports but if you are an Eagles fan, thanks for letting DeSean Jackson go. I am a big Redskins fan, we have suffered long enough (God willing)! lol
[Image

USAFA82
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby USAFA82 » Sat Aug 30, 2014 1:41 pm

I think I recall caffeineyellow5! I remember Scribe the most and he's active on the WCG forums. I think most crunchers went to WCG after UD shut down in 2007. I had been on Team Christians but we eventually formed our own team, Christians Against Cancer, which is where this domain name came from. When grid.org closed down, I started working on creating this forum. I made an archive of some of the forums on grid.org; I think primarily Christians Against Cancer. Do you remember Maggilove? She had been active on the forums at grid.org. She succumbed to cancer a few years ago.

I'm so glad you found us! It's nice to meet up with an old UD veteran.

Return to “Welcome and Introductions”