Zeppelin here

Welcome to the home of Team Christians. If you have just registered on the board, you MUST post an introduction to gain access to the rest of the forums (it helps to weed out fake registrations). There may already be a welcome thread started for you. Just reply to it and tell us a little about yourself. NOTE: You don't have to be a member of the team in order to post here. All are welcome! Thanks!
Zeppelin
Novice Cruncher
Novice Cruncher

Zeppelin here

Postby Zeppelin » Wed Nov 12, 2014 9:21 pm

Hello from chilly eastern Kentucky.

I'm a cruncher from long before BOINC was a glimmer in David Anderson's eye. Started out running the "GIMPS" project in '97, moved to distributed net in '99.

As a recent cancer survivor I like the idea of helping find cures for diseases and furthering medical research.

USAFA82
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Zeppelin here

Postby USAFA82 » Wed Nov 12, 2014 11:43 pm

Welcome! And welcome to ourSIMAP team! Col323 made mentioned of you in our Last Call for SIMAP thread.

pecosriverm
Senior Cruncher
Senior Cruncher

Postby pecosriverm » Thu Nov 13, 2014 5:55 am

Welcome to the Team.

I remember how cold it gets in Kentucky. I had Basic Trainning at Ft Knox in '78.

So stay warm (hug your computer).

nanoprobe
Experienced Cruncher
Experienced Cruncher

Postby nanoprobe » Thu Nov 13, 2014 8:23 am

Welcome aboard and make yourself at home. :icon_cheesygrin:

Proverbs 27:1 Do not boast about tomorrow, for you do not know what a day may bring.

Col323
Senior Cruncher
Senior Cruncher

Postby Col323 » Thu Nov 13, 2014 10:04 am

Zeppelin wrote:Hello from chilly eastern Kentucky.

I'm a cruncher from long before BOINC was a glimmer in David Anderson's eye. Started out running the "GIMPS" project in '97, moved to distributed net in '99.

As a recent cancer survivor I like the idea of helping find cures for diseases and furthering medical research.

A big, hearty Welcome from Indiana! I have some family in the Georgetown, KY area. That's some beautiful (horse) country.

I also started with distributed net back then, I think it was rc5-64, before moving to OGR. Then I branched out to a lot of projects like Folding@home, genome@home, UD, I did some GIMPS - mostly factoring and Double Checks, and then it just snowballs from there. I love that we can do research on our hardware, and my focus is mostly bio/medical projects now.

Congrats on beating cancer!
Image <-- Click this banner to jump to our team's Folding stats page

nanoprobe
Experienced Cruncher
Experienced Cruncher

Postby nanoprobe » Thu Nov 13, 2014 10:38 am

OOPPS! Double post.

Zeppelin
Novice Cruncher
Novice Cruncher

Postby Zeppelin » Thu Nov 13, 2014 11:31 am

Thanks for the welcome!

>Col323 - It was rc5-56 in the early days and OGR-24. They are now on rc5-72 (and will be for many, many years if they complete it) and OGR-28.

Return to “Welcome and Introductions”