Hello!

Welcome to the home of Team Christians. If you have just registered on the board, you MUST post an introduction to gain access to the rest of the forums (it helps to weed out fake registrations). There may already be a welcome thread started for you. Just reply to it and tell us a little about yourself. NOTE: You don't have to be a member of the team in order to post here. All are welcome! Thanks!
Col323
Senior Cruncher
Senior Cruncher

Re: Hello!

Postby Col323 » Thu Sep 10, 2015 8:52 am

pecosriverm wrote:Howdy and Welcome to the Team.

If you start crunching Poem let me know so I can fire mine up to. lol

Looks like Vester has fired up his GPU(s) and Andrew has joined the Poem team. http://stats.free-dc.org/stats.php?page ... &team=1247

Welcome, Andrew!
Image <-- Click this banner to jump to our team's Folding stats page

Vester
Experienced Cruncher
Experienced Cruncher

Postby Vester » Thu Sep 10, 2015 9:09 pm

Andrew will probably surpass my recent average credit tomorrow. I am outgunned (AMD R9 270 vs R9 290).

It is good to be back. I look forward to cooler weather so I can shut off two box fans that keep my computer room cool. The one air conditioner vent can't do the job in here.

Col323
Senior Cruncher
Senior Cruncher

Postby Col323 » Fri Sep 11, 2015 9:20 am

Vester wrote:Andrew will probably surpass my recent average credit tomorrow. I am outgunned (AMD R9 270 vs R9 290).

It is good to be back. I look forward to cooler weather so I can shut off two box fans that keep my computer room cool. The one air conditioner vent can't do the job in here.

Yes, Andrew will be on a lot of people's threat lists. Yesterday he did over 10% of my total work. :shock:

The cooler weather is coming. Last Saturday we had highs in the 90s. This Saturday the forecast is for highs in the 60s.

Col323
Senior Cruncher
Senior Cruncher

Postby Col323 » Wed Sep 23, 2015 6:26 am

The Poem onslaught is on! A month ago we were doing about 30,000 / day. Lately, it's been over 1,600,000 / day! Yesterday was nearly 2,000,000! Thanks to Andrew, pandelta, Vester, and a few others who are making it happen.

See the stats here: http://stats.free-dc.org/stats.php?page ... &team=1247

pecosriverm
Senior Cruncher
Senior Cruncher

Postby pecosriverm » Wed Sep 23, 2015 7:50 am

:shock:

Okay let's see if I can blow the dust off some things. :icon_rolleyes:

pecosriverm
Senior Cruncher
Senior Cruncher

Postby pecosriverm » Thu Sep 24, 2015 10:41 am

:shock: Cough Cough

Sure is getting dusty here. :icon_surprised:

:icon_cheesygrin:

Vester
Experienced Cruncher
Experienced Cruncher

Postby Vester » Thu Sep 24, 2015 11:03 am

My computer's RAC has flat-lined at about 233,500. Shut down the games and bring 'em on!

Col323
Senior Cruncher
Senior Cruncher

Postby Col323 » Thu Sep 24, 2015 1:25 pm

pecosriverm wrote::shock: Cough Cough

Sure is getting dusty here. :icon_surprised:

:icon_cheesygrin:

LOL You are kicking up some serious dust! :shock: You'll also be hitting a major milestone soon. :mrgreen: (<-- This is me, cheering you on and green with envy.)

The team breezed past the 2,000,000 / day mark yesterday. Free-DC shows yesterday's official tally as 2,690,419. That number looks in serious jeopardy today.

pandelta
Veteran Cruncher
Veteran Cruncher

Postby pandelta » Thu Sep 24, 2015 9:46 pm

I am just getting started. POEM is a lot like HCC was as you can run several WUs on each video card and they need very little CPU. I am still fine tuning my config but have increased points per day by 34% so far. My two slowest cards (R9 270s) are able to hit 330+k each now. Once I get it all zeroed in and the outside temps drops a little more, I will fire up 4 faster cards. I don't think I will have any problem hitting 2mil/day. If anyone wants config help to get multiple Work Units running, let me know and I will post instructions and my testing results to help you zero in. I plan to test probably two more weeks of configs.
[Image

nanoprobe
Experienced Cruncher
Experienced Cruncher

Postby nanoprobe » Sat Sep 26, 2015 8:01 am

I'm a little late to the party. Welcome to the team Andrew.
I see you guys have been hitting POEM hard. Awesome. I'll add what little GPU power I have left when the current WCG beta run is over. Have all the CPUs there for now.

@ Pandelta. Would be interesting to see you R9 270 settings. I have a couple that have been running @ stock settings on POEM. IIRC they would get about 275k each. 330k+ would be a nice bonus.

Proverbs 27:1 Do not boast about tomorrow, for you do not know what a day may bring.

Return to “Welcome and Introductions”