tcblack

Welcome to the home of Team Christians. If you have just registered on the board, you MUST post an introduction to gain access to the rest of the forums (it helps to weed out fake registrations). There may already be a welcome thread started for you. Just reply to it and tell us a little about yourself. NOTE: You don't have to be a member of the team in order to post here. All are welcome! Thanks!
tcblack
Novice Cruncher
Novice Cruncher

tcblack

Postby tcblack » Wed Jan 30, 2008 9:11 am

Yeah, that's me. I've been involved in crunching for a long time, but took a long hiatus after the electric bills started to get out of hand. I'm no longer the forum addict that I once was so I can't guess how often I'll stop in. But I do intend to stop in from time to time.
I'm currently running boinc on four computers in the house.

Debian p4@2.4Ghz
WinXp AMD Athlon 64 x2 3800+@2Ghz
WinXp P4 3.0Ghz
WinXp P4@1.8Ghz

Diana G.
Veteran Cruncher
Veteran Cruncher

Re: tcblack

Postby Diana G. » Wed Jan 30, 2008 12:13 pm

Hi! Glad your here tcblack :D

I checked out your link in your siggy and wondered if you have seen this website for learning Hebrew?

http://foundationstone.com.au/HtmlSupport/FrameSupport/foundationStoneFrame.html

I was sent this about a month ago, and kinda looked at it but you might get more out of it since your a lot further along in your studies :)

God Bless and Welcome!!

USAFA82
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby USAFA82 » Wed Jan 30, 2008 1:36 pm

Hey, it's good to see you! tcblack was a bit of a legend in the grid.org days. :mrgreen: He was a phenomenal cruncher for Team Christians.

I added you to the "members" group, so you should be seeing our Team Lounge.

tcblack
Novice Cruncher
Novice Cruncher

Postby tcblack » Thu Jan 31, 2008 2:50 pm

Eeek! :shock: It's a bit humbling to be remembered! I was a bit shocked to see that UD was done! I have no real idea how many cpu years I had when I left there but I'll stick around here as long as the electric bills remain manageable; but that's unfortunately all I can promise. :-)

Dianna G. I've seen that foundationstone link and I've perused it and it actually looks good. Right now I'm plugging away with a few different Hebrew text books. Basics of Biblical Hebrew, and "The First Hebrew Primer".

Diana G.
Veteran Cruncher
Veteran Cruncher

Postby Diana G. » Thu Jan 31, 2008 9:36 pm

It has to be exciting to study Hebrew!! I am very happy you are doing well with those text books.

LoL about Wal-Mart! So you had to get your 10 yr. associate pin :)

Yeah we all line up before work, and after work to punch out on the dot!! Hahahahah But it would be nice to get an upgrade on the debit/credit card readers so they would work as good as the timeclock does! ;)

This is so cool to meet a Brother in Christ, and also an ex-Wal-Mart'er. wOOt!!!

oliviathefirst
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Postby oliviathefirst » Sun Feb 10, 2008 9:02 pm

tcblack wrote:Eeek! :shock: It's a bit humbling to be remembered!

tcblack! You didn't think we'd remember you?!
    olivia
    Peace be within you.

tcblack
Novice Cruncher
Novice Cruncher

Postby tcblack » Mon Feb 11, 2008 8:25 am

Good grief it's starting to look like a UD reunion here. Oh, wait didn't it shift from UD to Grid.org? Yeah well either way. Good to see you folks.
Here's my question: how many of the UD/Grid.org Christians team have switched over to WCG?

USAFA82
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby USAFA82 » Mon Feb 11, 2008 10:15 am

A few have, but I'm not sure of the exact number. I also recall some leaving a year and a half or so before grid.org shut down due to frustration from the problems they were having at the time. David Wanat is one of those. He used to do statistics for us a grid.org. That's also when I first set up an account WCG.

As far as other former grid.org names, I think I recognize: fotokemist, The_Dentist (TBittner), LarryC (N7LUF), T.G. Wakko, Lighthouse, Hanski, Gottu, Sotty, littlepeaks, terryw46, designwebs. I'm sure I missed some.

There were a lot that didn't come over. After the team split at grid.org, a lot of those on the old Team Christians became silent. Most of the active forum users went over to CAC, ChristiansAgainstCancer. I miss quite a few on the old Team Christians, like simonedwards and others, even maggi. The grid.org shutdown was pretty sudden, so they may not have gotten the word in time... especially if the agent was on a forgotten cruncher. The UD website used to point people to WCG, among other places. But that now forwards to their new venture.

Return to “Welcome and Introductions”