New WCG Team Member Welcome Thread

Welcome to the home of Team Christians. If you have just registered on the board, you MUST post an introduction to gain access to the rest of the forums (it helps to weed out fake registrations). There may already be a welcome thread started for you. Just reply to it and tell us a little about yourself. NOTE: You don't have to be a member of the team in order to post here. All are welcome! Thanks!
Hanski
Cruncher
Cruncher

Re: New WCG Team Member Welcome Thread

Postby Hanski » Fri Oct 23, 2015 2:33 am

Welcome caffeineyellow5!
I remember too.
<><

BiblePreacher
Basic Cruncher
Basic Cruncher

Postby BiblePreacher » Sat Dec 05, 2015 3:49 am

:) I added WCG to my GPUGRID crunching so my CPUs could work on MCM Cancer while my GPUs were also working on cancer. I sort of have a personal reason to find new markers and drug and treatment candidates since currently my specific cancer has no treatment options available. I have what they call a Mucoepidermoid Carcinoma and guess what..... no chemo or radiation can affect this thing. I was first diagnosed in 2010 and they removed a very large portion of the inside of my mouth and sinuses. Then in 2011, it showed up in my neck. In 2014 it was in my left lung. Again in 2015 they took a second hunk out of my left lung. So I upped my cancer research game to GPU and CPU and downed my search to push cyber security through encryption keys over at distributed.net with their RC7-52 project. That is still running on the really slow or old machines, but BOINC is now on all the newer ones and GPUGRID on everything I can get an NVIDIA card into. Currently running GPUGRID, I have 4 980 TI Classifieds and 5 980 Superclocks and one laptop with an embedded Quadro K2100M. The one machine I called "Beastmode", which has nothing to do with the football player I hadn't heard about because I don't like football OR the poker player who won the world series of poker wearing that football player's jersey last year, has an i75960x and 3 980 TI Classifieds in it with 64GB of RAM. After I bought the RAM, I found out that it could take a BIOS update and take 128GB of RAM, but I figured I would never use close to what I have, why through money at nothing. lol

Well, I would encourage anyone and everyone here to renew your interest in cancer research and find the cures, treatments, markers, etc with all you got. After 4 times through it and under the knife, I am ready (on this side of Heaven) to get some assurance on kicking this thing for good. Thanks. ;)
Mike
1 Corinthians 9:16 + Ephesians 6:18-20

USAFA82
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby USAFA82 » Sat Dec 05, 2015 7:05 pm

Mike, I forgot you had created a "hello" thread last year! My brain seems to be missing a few cells these days.
Here's a link to CY5/BiblePreacher/Mike's original thread:
Hello from BiblePreacher
Welcome to WCG!

Col323
Senior Cruncher
Senior Cruncher

Postby Col323 » Fri Dec 11, 2015 6:44 am

Great post, sir! What an ordeal you have been through. I am thankful that we will have eternity to enjoy our glorified bodies. However, that's not to throw our hands up and do nothing now. We have been given dominion over the earth and are go and subdue it. I believe that means taking on cancer too!

I've been spending more cycles on cancer lately. True, three of my other medical projects lack work now, so it's hardly out of my own awesomeness. But, your post is inspiring. And every unit we can knock out is one unit closer to the goal!
Image <-- Click this banner to jump to our team's Folding stats page

BiblePreacher
Basic Cruncher
Basic Cruncher

Postby BiblePreacher » Sat Dec 12, 2015 2:06 am

Thank you Col. Its not because I have a great story to tell about me but that I have a great story to tell about my Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ! Someone once said that God can take any crooked stick and draw a straight line. I am just one of those crooked sticks and God is using the testimony of His works upon me to draw that straight line and draw folks to Himself. And yes, PRAISE GOD that whatever happens here on this side of His coming again, we have eternity in glorified bodies on the other side! Amen!
Mike

BiblePreacher
Basic Cruncher
Basic Cruncher

Postby BiblePreacher » Sat Dec 12, 2015 2:24 am

Am I a soldier of the cross?, A follower of the Lamb?,
And shall I fear to own His cause, Or blush to speak His Name?

Must I be carried to the skies On flowery beds of ease?,
While others fought to win the prize, And sailed through bloody seas?

Are there no foes for me to face? Must I not stem the flood?
Is this vile world a friend to grace, To help me on to God?

Sure I must fight if I would reign; Increase my courage, Lord.
I’ll bear the toil, endure the pain, Supported by Thy Word.

Thy saints in all this glorious war Shall conquer, though they die;
They see the triumph from afar, By faith’s discerning eye

When that illustrious day shall rise, And all Thy armies shine
In robes of victory through skies, The glory shall be Thine.
Mike

Col323
Senior Cruncher
Senior Cruncher

Postby Col323 » Sat Dec 12, 2015 7:01 am

We need an amen button for posts. :mrgreen:
Image <-- Click this banner to jump to our team's Folding stats page

thepeacemaker7
Cruncher
Cruncher

Postby thepeacemaker7 » Tue Dec 06, 2016 11:05 pm

Hey guys,
I joined the Folding@Home Christians Against Cancer Team! How do I add the Christians Against Cancer Banner to my signature?

What other projects are you guys working on? Are you guys primarily focused on BOINC projects?

USAFA82
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby USAFA82 » Fri Dec 09, 2016 10:49 am

thepeacemaker7 wrote:Hey guys,
I joined the Folding@Home Christians Against Cancer Team! How do I add the Christians Against Cancer Banner to my signature?

What other projects are you guys working on? Are you guys primarily focused on BOINC projects?

Welcome to the board! I've adjusted your permissions so you should be able to see everything now :)
I see you started a thread What are you guys currently working on? so I'll add my 2 cents there.

Hanski
Cruncher
Cruncher

Postby Hanski » Sun Dec 11, 2016 5:41 am

Welcome!
<><

Return to “Welcome and Introductions”