Microbiome Immunity Project Question

"World Community Grid's mission is to create the world's largest public computing grid to tackle projects that benefit humanity.
"World Community Grid is making technology available only to public and not-for-profit organizations to use in humanitarian research that might otherwise not be completed due to the high cost of the computer infrastructure required in the absence of a public grid. As part of our commitment to advancing human welfare, all results will be in the public domain and made public to the global research community."
http://www.worldcommunitygrid.org
thepeacemaker7
Basic Cruncher
Basic Cruncher

Microbiome Immunity Project Question

Postby thepeacemaker7 » Thu Aug 31, 2017 10:01 pm

Hey Guys,
I signed up for the new project at World Community grid, but I am not receiving many work units. Is anyone else having the same problem?

USAFA82
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Microbiome Immunity Project Question

Postby USAFA82 » Thu Aug 31, 2017 10:55 pm

I've gotten 63 so far

thepeacemaker7
Basic Cruncher
Basic Cruncher

Postby thepeacemaker7 » Fri Sep 01, 2017 5:24 pm

Hey USAFA82,
I guess I am not the only one with sporadic workloads for this project; I have 53 returns so far.

littlepeaks
Veteran Cruncher
Veteran Cruncher

Postby littlepeaks » Sun Sep 03, 2017 10:58 pm

Hey all. My wife and I went on a three-day road trip to see the eclipse in Alliance, NE. I left my PC running while gone. When we returned, I was surprised that I was opted in to the new project, and it had downloaded some of the WUs. I am only able to run one WU at a time now due to heat - my daughter and I need to open this sucker up and sit it in the driveway and blow all the dust out of the heat sinks. It's time. And have a nice Labor Day everyone. BTW, we opened our gas grill today and discovered a wasp nest in the side burner. So I waited until nightfall and turned that sucker on. I had a hard time to get it to light, and all of a sudden -- ker-boom -- a small blast and it blew some of the wasps out the bottom -- they never knew what hit them. And the wasps nest and the wasps that remained became "crispy critters". :icon_twisted:
Posted from my garage-door opener.

thepeacemaker7
Basic Cruncher
Basic Cruncher

Postby thepeacemaker7 » Mon Sep 11, 2017 8:27 pm

Hey littlepeaks,
I saw the eclipse in Nashville. I wasn't quite in the totality zone, but it was still an awesome experience non-the-less. I saw the weird "sun snakes" on the ground during the eclipse. They looked more like ripples in a pond to me to be honest.

Return to “World Community Grid News and Discussion”