New project launched HST1

"World Community Grid's mission is to create the world's largest public computing grid to tackle projects that benefit humanity.
"World Community Grid is making technology available only to public and not-for-profit organizations to use in humanitarian research that might otherwise not be completed due to the high cost of the computer infrastructure required in the absence of a public grid. As part of our commitment to advancing human welfare, all results will be in the public domain and made public to the global research community."
http://www.worldcommunitygrid.org
nanoprobe
Experienced Cruncher
Experienced Cruncher

New project launched HST1

Postby nanoprobe » Wed Mar 23, 2016 4:13 pm

Proverbs 27:1 Do not boast about tomorrow, for you do not know what a day may bring.

USAFA82
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: New project launched HST1

Postby USAFA82 » Thu Mar 24, 2016 12:23 pm

thanks for the update!

littlepeaks
Veteran Cruncher
Veteran Cruncher

Postby littlepeaks » Thu Mar 24, 2016 5:23 pm

I set my PC to get HST1 this morning, but only recently started getting some. They say these WUs are only available in limited quantities.

This project hits close to home.

My wife, who is Korean, had a little bit of TB when she was younger. This was confirmed about 42 years ago -- a few years after we got married. I was stationed in Italy, and she applied for a food-worker position. At that time, they required a chest X-ray for that position, and she had some calcified nodes in her lungs (her body had successfully fought the disease and isolated it in those nodes).

Yes, she was allowed to work in that position.
Posted from my garage-door opener.

Col323
Senior Cruncher
Senior Cruncher

Postby Col323 » Sat Mar 26, 2016 12:40 pm

Wow. Can I just say God made the human body to be an amazing thing? The fact that her body fought against it and isolated it while allowing her to live a seemingly normal life for years astounds me. I'm glad she's okay, and I look forward to crunching some of this soon!
Image <-- Click this banner to jump to our team's Folding stats page

Return to “World Community Grid News and Discussion”