New Project -- Smash Childhood Cancer

"World Community Grid's mission is to create the world's largest public computing grid to tackle projects that benefit humanity.
"World Community Grid is making technology available only to public and not-for-profit organizations to use in humanitarian research that might otherwise not be completed due to the high cost of the computer infrastructure required in the absence of a public grid. As part of our commitment to advancing human welfare, all results will be in the public domain and made public to the global research community."
http://www.worldcommunitygrid.org
littlepeaks
Veteran Cruncher
Veteran Cruncher

New Project -- Smash Childhood Cancer

Postby littlepeaks » Fri Jan 27, 2017 4:59 pm

Smash Childhood Cancer

The automatic opt in did work for this project, but I haven't received any work yet.

Dear Volunteers,

After months of preparation, I'm pleased to announce the launch of Smash Childhood Cancer .

This new project builds on our work during the Help Fight Childhood Cancer project, which identified several chemical compounds that could potentially be made into new treatments for neuroblastoma, a common childhood cancer. Now, we are expanding our team and our goals to search for new treatments for a number of types of childhood cancer.

Volunteers like you make this work possible. We are excited to be working with World Community Grid once more, and invite you to recruit your family and friends to join us as we seek to Smash Childhood Cancer.

Thank you,

Dr. Akira Nakagawara
Posted from my garage-door opener.

USAFA82
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: New Project -- Smash Childhood Cancer

Postby USAFA82 » Fri Jan 27, 2017 5:11 pm

Oh good! I'm glad to see they've launched a new cancer project. Looks like I've picked up 7 WUs.

thepeacemaker7
Cruncher
Cruncher

Postby thepeacemaker7 » Fri Jan 27, 2017 6:12 pm

I'm signed up, and I am receiving work units.

Some folks on the WCG forum have been complaining about failed work units. I haven't had that problem yet.

pandelta
Veteran Cruncher
Veteran Cruncher

Postby pandelta » Sat Jan 28, 2017 6:57 pm

I'm in! Glad to see them come back for more research!
[Image

Col323
Senior Cruncher
Senior Cruncher

Postby Col323 » Mon Jan 30, 2017 3:01 pm

littlepeaks wrote:The automatic opt in did work for this project, but I haven't received any work yet.

Good to know. I had not specifically opted in, but I do have one running on my laptop as I type this. I like it when technology works! :D
Image <-- Click this banner to jump to our team's Folding stats page

Return to “World Community Grid News and Discussion”