Cancer

Post your praise reports and prayer requests here!
BiblePreacher
Basic Cruncher
Basic Cruncher

Cancer

Postby BiblePreacher » Sat Sep 10, 2016 8:49 pm

I thought to do this earlier and will add it now. I will add details later, but right now just wanted to mention it.

Please pray for me. I have been battling cancers for over 6 years now. I have my 5th currently and have been on chemo since February. I am now off the chemo and am going to have a surgery. It will be within the next month. The current location of the cancer is in a lymph node in the center of my chest. It is a difficult spot for an operation which is why they wanted to treat it with the chemo, but it only worked for a short time and had an effect, but not a great one, especially compared to the quality of life aspect it took away. After the surgery I will be "cancer free" again, though it is always in my blood.

The first cancer was in my head/sinuses. The second was in my neck just under the skin. The third and fourth were in my left lung. They are all the same cancer and not new cancers. There is no effective cure in chemo and radiation cannot fight this particular cancer either, though very high directed doses, like Cyberknife, may be more able if it was in an area that the radiation would not damage. Surgery seems effective, but cannot take it from the blood (obviously.) I do expect, as I have each time in the past, that after this surgery removes this tumor, I will be able to gain strength and an ability to get out of the house and possibly work a job. I really miss working, though I have not found being inside all the time as much a hardship as I thought it would be. I suppose I am more adaptable and content with what the Lord would have for me than many would expect of themselves.

Either way, please keep me in your prayers and I will keep this thread updated as to my condition as it changes (or doesn't)(expecting change in the form of full and complete healing and cure.)
Mike
1 Corinthians 9:16 + Ephesians 6:18-20

USAFA82
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Cancer

Postby USAFA82 » Sat Sep 10, 2016 9:40 pm

Praying for a successful surgery and full and complete healing.

Col323
Senior Cruncher
Senior Cruncher

Postby Col323 » Mon Sep 12, 2016 10:06 am

I'm really sorry to hear this, but I admire your incredible attitude. I'm sure God can use this to be a light to many around you during this trial. Thank you for sharing your story, and I will watch for further details. I will pray for you.
Image <-- Click this banner to jump to our team's Folding stats page

BiblePreacher
Basic Cruncher
Basic Cruncher

Postby BiblePreacher » Wed Sep 14, 2016 1:31 am

Short notice. Found out today when I called them. Surgery tomorrow. I kept calling so they scheduled ASAP. lol Squeeky wheel, huh? :icon_cheesygrin:

EDIT: Tomorrow meaning today. Its well after midnight now.
Mike

BiblePreacher
Basic Cruncher
Basic Cruncher

Postby BiblePreacher » Thu Sep 15, 2016 5:55 pm

Surgery done. Lots of pain, more than i remember from at least the last 2 on the day after. They had to take more out of me than expected and it has affected my lungs (surgery between the lungs in a lymph node that collects from the lungs... that's expected), voice (inflamed the area of the recurrent laryngeal nerve that among other things regulates the voice box and air flow through it), heart (had to violate/empty the pericardium [sac of fluid around the heart that keeps it lubricated and beating without rubbing on things around it]), and blood pressure (dipped really low a few times today [thinking lack of fluid intake overnight as fluids were set low and they wouldn't increase it after I brought it up, but that is on them to listen to the patient sometimes when they know their body well]). I am supposed to get out tomorrow (Friday), but it may be later than that based on how well I am doing tomorrow by the afternoon.

Thank you for your prayers and I am doing a lot better than many would be at this point anyway due to those prayers! I'll again, keep updating here if/when anything gets better or worse or just simply happen and I have the time and mind to do an update. Until then, I need some rest. I did not sleep last night after the surgery, but fully expect to shortly now.
Mike

BiblePreacher
Basic Cruncher
Basic Cruncher

Postby BiblePreacher » Sun Apr 23, 2017 5:09 pm

I don't know what to say or how to apologize for not updating, but here is the update as it it will be and this may be the last update ever.

I was re-diagnosed in January with 7 tumors and several 'areas' of 'activity' of cancer in my chest and chest wall. Currently I am all eat up through my chest with cancer. The doctors have determined that there is no treatment that can be done to cure or treat this properly at this point now. They have not given a date, but I am figuring 3 weeks until I see my Lord face to face. Unless He heals me completely and fully 100%, this will be the result shortly or shorter than shortly.

I have worked out as much of my final plans as I can and am continuing to to work the little details and pray my parents, brother, other relatives, friends, and those my life affects in any other way to salvation in or through my life, death, and funeral. May this be the goal of every one of our lives and we shall see the Lord smile upon up gladly and say, "Well done, though good and faithful servant." May that be all our goals with all our hearts, souls, minds, lives, and passions in life.
---------------------
SOMETIMES YOUR PATHWAY
MAY THROUGH UNCERTAINTY LIE
CIRCUMSTANCES SEEM TO TELL YOU
THAT THERE'S NO REASON TO TRY

WALK ON THROUGH SHADOWS
WHERE DOUBT AND FEARS RESIDE
HE WILL CROWN YOUR FAITH WITH VICTORY
IF IN HIM WE WILL ABIDE

WALK ON, WALK ON FOR JESUS
WALK ON IN HIS NAME
LIFTING HIGH THE BLOOD STAINED BANNER
WALK ON IN HIS NAME
----------------------
God bless you all and continue to live for the Lord with all you have in you. Take this work we do on this site and spread the work that God can do on this Earth through us. Never Ever give up. Until there is one breath left in your lungs, praise the Lord, preach His word, and live the meaning of ALL in what you do as a Christian and as a human being.

I love you all. Thank you for your fellowship.
Mike

USAFA82
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby USAFA82 » Mon Apr 24, 2017 11:01 am

Oh Mike, I'm so sorry to hear this. These forums have been pretty quiet lately, so no need to apologize for not updating. I'm glad you took the time to post an update, although the news is distressing. I lost my mom to cancer, as well as a few friends, and it's why I continue to donate to WCG, but it's still very distressing to hear that someone else may lose their battle. Although there's been progress in fighting various cancers, it's a scourge that doesn't seem like will go away anytime soon.

I'm going to continue to pray for a miracle. We know our Lord is capable of those but still chooses some people to call home. I've know of you since the UD/grid.org days and will continue to do what I can to fight cancer as well as spread His Word. You won't be forgotten.

I hope you'll be able to continue to update but please don't feel like you need to. I know that cancer can sap one's strength. If you're called to Glory before you're able to get back here, I pray that your soul will rest in peace.
The LORD bless you and keep you;
the LORD make his face to shine upon you and be gracious to you;
the LORD lift up his countenance upon you and give you peace.
Amen

Col323
Senior Cruncher
Senior Cruncher

Postby Col323 » Wed Apr 26, 2017 7:29 am

This breaks my heart to read, but at the same time I'm hopeful that you will soon be forever pain free and will receive your eternal reward. You will definitely be missed here, but we can look forward to meeting face to face someday. (Cruncher meetup! All are invited!)

I don't have any profound words for you. (Sad, because you always had such profound words for us.) Thank you. May God grant you rest.
Image <-- Click this banner to jump to our team's Folding stats page

thepeacemaker7
Basic Cruncher
Basic Cruncher

Postby thepeacemaker7 » Fri May 05, 2017 7:08 pm

Sorry to hear that BiblePreacher. I wish you the best.

Return to “Praise and Prayer”